Winter tires

DeadEnd..

Established Member
Greetings All,

I’ve done a lot of searching for winter tires that fit. I even searched for a set of tires for the 16X10 rims I have. What I found was some tires that will work on the stock 17X9 rims that come stock. I went through Tire Rack to get them. They seemed to have the best price when you factor in shipping and warranty. It took 13 days to get here . We have no snow yet here in NJ, but we have the temps for it. I went with
HTR A/S P03 - SIZE: 275/40R17
Ultra High Performance All-Season.

Like I said no snow yet. The reviews were the best for the tires that fit the car. They showed promise in the rain too. I haven’t been off a drag radial since like 2010 or 11. I just took Toyo Proxes TQs off the rear. They were 315/35/17 on a 10.5 rim and well worn! The Sumitomo performed better than them in their worn state on dry roads both tires with no heat in them for reference. You get some road noise, but the tires feels great!

Be safe out there,

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
You take your mustang out in snow?! I was pissed when I let mine sit outside for 2 days in the snow when my garage floor was done last year. And yea it got stuck in the driveway trying to get it back inside.
IMG_2705.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I would not be driving my cobra in the snow it's not a good primary vehicle for northern states. If you must get 2 sets of wheels get one for summer one for winter. No such thing as an all season for both especially if you get snow.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Why would you drive this car in the snow/ice and subject it to salt? Also as stated, an ultra high performance all season is not even remotely close to a snow tire. Buy a shitbox Mustang GT and drive that thing in the winter and park the Cobra.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Born and raised in jersey,,

You need pizza cutters on all 4 to drive in snow.

The day we got our car in Keyport there was an inch of snow ,,Goodyears did fine

Users who are viewing this thread