Winter tires for my 2000 Lightning

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I've got an extra set of 16" rear wheels for my L. I've been using them for slicks, but I'd like to throw a set of winter tires on there. They're 16", but the bad thing is I measured them yesterday and I measured 11" wide. What the heck size tire can I run on this wheel? The closest thing I could find was I think a 305/70-16, but it would be around 32" tall... which is 4" taller than OEM.

Do you guys know any tricks or any sizes I'm unaware of? I need to get as close as possible to 28" diameter with a 16x11 wheel.

thanks!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately there are just no winter tire options that are going to work with your 16" wheel dimensions. We do have some 16x8 Steel Wheels available for only $99.00 each. If you go this route it frees up more tire options and we can mount and balance the combination for free. Kumho builds a nice performance winter tire called the KC15 in the 255/65-16 size. This size is just about 1/2" taller than the OE 295/45-18's. This set up is recommended on all four corners. Here are the links with more details:

Let us know your thoughts.

-Matt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread