Winter tire suggestions

slow poke

Established Member
Need some winter tire suggestions for my 2013 gt. These will go on my PP 19x9 wheels.

Was hoping for a 275/45 r19 out back

And a 275/40 r19 in the front

This was to keep the same tire heights I have on the car now but it doesn't need to be this if nothing works. I'm not finding anything really

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Try looking for the factory GT size tires. I think either 245 or 255. 275mm width might not be best idea, wider is not better in snow

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My Hellcat loved winter V-rated Yokohamas. I would highly recommend and yes go with OEM sizes or narrow/taller if trying to decide.
Performance cars can still be driven in the winter, but as usual the tire is the key.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Try looking for the factory GT size tires. I think either 245 or 255. 275mm width might not be best idea, wider is not better in snow
This! You're going to find more success with sticking with factory (base) GT size tires. If you have a Costco account, check with them. They sell Michelins and Bridgestone. BF Goodrich, too.

Tire Rack sells two sizes for 19" wheels (Mustang GT). 255/40-19 and 245/40-19. Those work better in snow conditions than a wider snow tire.

robvas

Established Member
They are all pretty good. The difference between a snow tire and an all-season is night and day. But buying whatever the highest rated snow tire is, vs whatever your tire shop has, isn't that big of a difference. Unless you're one of the Subaru or Audi guys who race on ice or whatnot.

I'd also get some smaller-diameter steelies. Cheaper tire, will help save your wheels, better handling, etc.

That said, I'd be just as worried about what the salt will do to your car...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
They are all pretty good. The difference between a snow tire and an all-season is night and day. But buying whatever the highest rated snow tire is, vs whatever your tire shop has, isn't that big of a difference. Unless you're one of the Subaru or Audi guys who race on ice or whatnot.

I'd also get some smaller-diameter steelies. Cheaper tire, will help save your wheels, better handling, etc.

That said, I'd be just as worried about what the salt will do to your car...
I would highly recommend if you drive a performance car in the winter, you’ll 100% notice the huge benefit of a V-rated or higher snow tire vs whatever they have in stock. The 90% of winter months without snow on the ground means you can still enjoy the performance nature of the car. For a basic DD I would agree with you, any snow tire will be an upgrade.
-J

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I run Michelin Pilot Alpines on my RS5. They work well.

Most of winter driving is on cold dry roads. Go for a high performance winter tire, and the improved snow/ice traction comes along for free.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread