Winter is coming again, tire storage reminder

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Winter might already be knocking on a few of your doors or at least the colder temperatures it brings. This is an FYI for you. I know this won't apply to everyone but its good info none the less. If any of you are running Track Tires or Drag radials such as the Nitto 555R, the 555RII, Nitto NT01's of similar ultra performance track or RT tires (Falken 615, BFG drags etc.). Nitto Suggest you take them off for the winter if you live in a climate where temperatures drop below 32 degrees. They recommend storing them indoors at a temperature above 32 degrees and at 1/2 the normal running pressure. Drag radials and RT Tires are prone to cracking at freezing temperatures if this occurs have the tire inspected immediately. Attached is a picture of a tire that has cracked due to improper storage at cold temperatures. Oh and BTW our winter/snow tire stock is in.

crack5552.jpg

crack555.jpg

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Good info::rockon:

I have a set of Nitto DR's that I haven't ran on in 2 yrs (until 2 weeks ago), and i had stored them in the basement @ full pressure and had no problems. I had inspected them before mounting them again and was surprised they were still in great shape.

Thanks for the tips!

Users who are viewing this thread