Winter driving with Raptor ?

steeltoe

Established Member
Yeah, snow covered grass is gonna be slippery and I don't think those tires are aggressive enough to handle it, no matter what special compound they are. I'd love to see someone with a leveling kit and 37" MT/R's on their Raptor :D
Superduty HQ in AZ has a shop Raptor with the front perch mod and 37in Generals. I going with the truxxx leveling kit and the new Nittos when they are released. To my understanding there is some rub at full lock and the inner fender liner has to be removed.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
[ame=http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12334007&postcount=4]Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How about some project updates?[/ame]

Looks like SDHQ has a little more going on than bumpers and tires on their Raptor :D

steeltoe

Established Member

steeltoe

Established Member
According to other raptor forums the shock mod alone will give you the needed clearance for 37s ;) that's my next shop plan...

Yes, but it completely ****s up the ride of the truck and voids both the Ford and Fox warranty on shocks. The front shock has be removed to do the perch mod so by spend the extra money on the leveling kit so you don't have to worry about the shocks.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Yes, but it completely ****s up the ride of the truck and voids both the Ford and Fox warranty on shocks. The front shock has be removed to do the perch mod so by spend the extra money on the leveling kit so you don't have to worry about the shocks.

Actually, my truck rides significantly better, the shocks don't have to be removed, and per the magnuson moss act, there has to be proof that the modification in question caused whatever failure to void an automotive warranty. :bash:

steeltoe

Established Member
Actually, my truck rides significantly better, the shocks don't have to be removed, and per the magnuson moss act, there has to be proof that the modification in question caused whatever failure to void an automotive warranty. :bash:
Kerry Baldori said:
It all depends on what you want to do with it. Using the detents would raise the front ride height of the truck and would give you more jounce travel, but take away rebound travel. This would really change how the truck rides and handles on and offroad especially when taking in consideration how we tuned the bypass shocks and how they ramp up damping force. This would also potentially void the warranty.
He is talking about the perch mod. Also do the perch mod safely and correctly you have to remove the stock from the truck and take the coil spring off. The quote of the SVT Engineer pretty much spells how it will void the warranty. The Mag-Moss Act is not a get out of jail free card and misuse and abuse is the dealers catch all phrase that doesn't have to be proven.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
He is talking about the perch mod. Also do the perch mod safely and correctly you have to remove the stock from the truck and take the coil spring off. The quote of the SVT Engineer pretty much spells how it will void the warranty. The Mag-Moss Act is not a get out of jail free card and misuse and abuse is the dealers catch all phrase that doesn't have to be proven.

Anything can "potentially void the warranty." That's why the MM Act requires proof. "Misuse and abuse" is what it says - modification to another perch setting that was provided by the manufacturer(s) in the first instance should not, theoretically, fall under the misuse category. If there was some explicit warning in the owner's manual, or if Mr. Baldori had said "DON'T MESS WITH THE FREAKING PERCH SETTING - IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY," then we'd be having a different conversation.

And no, I've seen the process documented using spring compressors. Completely safe if you know what you're doing and have non-made-in-China tools. It involves removing the pressure from the spring on the perch, moving said perch, and releasing the spring.

steeltoe

Established Member
Anything can "potentially void the warranty." That's why the MM Act requires proof. "Misuse and abuse" is what it says - modification to another perch setting that was provided by the manufacturer(s) in the first instance should not, theoretically, fall under the misuse category. If there was some explicit warning in the owner's manual, or if Mr. Baldori had said "DON'T MESS WITH THE FREAKING PERCH SETTING - IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY," then we'd be having a different conversation.

And no, I've seen the process documented using spring compressors. Completely safe if you know what you're doing and have non-made-in-China tools. It involves removing the pressure from the spring on the perch, moving said perch, and releasing the spring.
Wow you're a douche bag. lolol I bet you don't even take your Raptor off-road. Again the Mag-Moss act is not a get out of jail free card to do what ever you want to your truck. Who says Ford provided those, that might be the Fox builds its shocks did you ever think of that. Ford may have not know that it was there until 4wheeler pointed it out.
The correct way to adjust the Fox shocks

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Wow you're a douche bag. lolol I bet you don't even take your Raptor off-road. Again the Mag-Moss act is not a get out of jail free card to do what ever you want to your truck. Who says Ford provided those, that might be the Fox builds its shocks did you ever think of that. Ford may have not know that it was there until 4wheeler pointed it out.
The correct way to adjust the Fox shocks

Ha. Ok, if this is how it's gonna be, you're a ****ing retard. Respond to my points intelligently (maybe impossible for you, idk) or shut the **** up. And if you knew anything about the Raptor, you would know that the shocks were built in conjunction with Fox, so they probably knew the application.

And I'm glad SDHQ adjusts their shocks that way, but they're some random aftermarket firm (albeit one of the best). Go to another place, and they swear by spring compressors. So good try, but fail.

Oh, and as far as off road, your 5.4 can't keep up with my 6.2, so kiss my ass. I had mine in the air the day I bought it. You? Oh wait, the 5.4s can't go fast enough to get airborne...

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
They are doin some good stuff at SDHQ. More pics of their shop Raptor, looks perfect on 37's

[ame=http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12359370&postcount=8]Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How about some project updates?[/ame]

steeltoe

Established Member
Ha. Ok, if this is how it's gonna be, you're a ****ing retard. Respond to my points intelligently (maybe impossible for you, idk) or shut the **** up. And if you knew anything about the Raptor, you would know that the shocks were built in conjunction with Fox, so they probably knew the application.

And I'm glad SDHQ adjusts their shocks that way, but they're some random aftermarket firm (albeit one of the best). Go to another place, and they swear by spring compressors. So good try, but fail.

Oh, and as far as off road, your 5.4 can't keep up with my 6.2, so kiss my ass. I had mine in the air the day I bought it. You? Oh wait, the 5.4s can't go fast enough to get airborne...
I so wish I was closer to you so I could make you put your money were your mouth is. Saying SDHQ is a random shop is like Livernois Motorsports is a random shop.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
I so wish I was closer to you so I could make you put your money were your mouth is. Saying SDHQ is a random shop is like Livernois Motorsports is a random shop.

First, I'd take your money and leave you in my dust. Second, the comment about SDHQ WASN'T THE POINT. Jesus. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread