Winter driving with Raptor ?

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
I ran a search but didn't come up with anybody really discussing driving their Raptor in the winter and/or snow. Very curious about this.

For those of you who own one and are driving it in the winter (northern state owners?), how is this truck faring ?

Is the suspension handling mother nature's onslaught with ease or are most Raptor owners putting their trucks away for winter hibernation a la Cobra owners ? :??:

Thanks. :beer:

steeltoe

Established Member
There are a fair amount of Raptor owners in the Great White North. You might want to hit up a few of the Raptor forums.

ShiftyCapone24

Established Member
I ran a search but didn't come up with anybody really discussing driving their Raptor in the winter and/or snow. Very curious about this.

For those of you who own one and are driving it in the winter (northern state owners?), how is this truck faring ?

Is the suspension handling mother nature's onslaught with ease or are most Raptor owners putting their trucks away for winter hibernation a la Cobra owners ? :??:

Thanks. :beer:

Had mine out for our first real accumulation here in MI and she handled extremely well. Especially when I turned traction control off.... :rockon:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Raptor is a beast in the snow. The film crews for Ice Road Truckers used a few while filming the last season.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
I'm in Denver, but we've been having a ridiculously mild winter. So I can't use my awesome off-road truck in the snow. And no, I'm not bitter.

Hopefully it'll pour some white stuff soon.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Oh, btw - has anyone been able to use any of the alphabet/letter discounts
(A-plan, X-plan, etc) to purchase their Raptor?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Why on earth would someone put away their Raptor during the winter? I'd think that'd almost be a reason to buy one. I'd be driving the crap out of that thing in the snow.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
After yesterday I'm sure we should have some northerners chiming in about how their Raptors handled the blizzard!!! :beer:

steeltoe

Established Member
Oh, btw - has anyone been able to use any of the alphabet/letter discounts
(A-plan, X-plan, etc) to purchase their Raptor?
Nope.
Why on earth would someone put away their Raptor during the winter? I'd think that'd almost be a reason to buy one. I'd be driving the crap out of that thing in the snow.
I had mine out yesterday.
After yesterday I'm sure we should have some northerners chiming in about how their Raptors handled the blizzard!!! :beer:
Raptor did awesome.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Mine gets daily driven all winter long, more so than the summer, since I drive the Cherokee and Cobra mostly in the summer time.

It performs very well in the snow and pretty well on icy roads. Once the snow gets to the bottom of the grill, it'll start to bog and require some repeated attempts to get through heavily drifted spots.

It is a riot to drive in the snow though :)

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member

fangstang

Established Member

:rockon:

Exactly! The Raptor is gonna be my winter/towing/more-room-then-my-vette transportation. I cant wait to get it!:beer:

03svtterminator

Well factory tires off road on a grassy snow covered hill side stock 6.2 raptor I was a lil disapointed...
I have a 94 turbo diesel F250 with 35 12.50 hankook atms an it sprung like a buck board went better an actually kinda made me mad now looking for a new set of wheels an tires for my raptor lol..
but on the road... icey conditions does perfect I love it... no worries at all in it then...

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yeah, snow covered grass is gonna be slippery and I don't think those tires are aggressive enough to handle it, no matter what special compound they are. I'd love to see someone with a leveling kit and 37" MT/R's on their Raptor :D

Users who are viewing this thread