Winter Blues (or... GTHGs) - I miss my Boss

Mogumbo

Established Member
Anyone else Xing the days off of their calendar waiting for spring? I made the mistake of buying my Boss this past November - drove it just enough before the winter blew in to make me tremble and shake with Boss withdrawals ever since I put it away.

I’m not a fair weather “never been driven in rain” person - I bought the car to drive it. But I live in the Northeast and we’ve had crappy snowy 50 below weather pretty much every day.

I’m not worried about the precious Pirelli tires disintegrating if driven below 40 degrees - they are going to be replaced in the spring anyway.

If it were a nice day, I’d pull it out of hibernation and take it for a spin - but then there’s the issue of all of our roads being paved with salt.

This car has increased the length of our 6 month winters to seemingly infinity long winters. At least the crappy weather is making my FJ Cruiser a little more fun to drive.

Aarrrrgg - what do you guys do (who don’t live in FL) to pass the time?

96gt02

Established Member
Yeah I too have just been waiting for a decent day to drive my GHIG, yesterday was warm, but too much rain and salt everywhere, haven't driven it in about two months and the itch is just starting.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I keep my GT in my Dad's building about 1/2 mile from my house. Every few weeks I start it up and let it get up to operating temps. Not much fun but at least it charges the battery and allows me to make it go vroom vroom a couple times.

I hate winter...

Mogumbo

Established Member
I keep my GT in my Dad's building about 1/2 mile from my house. Every few weeks I start it up and let it get up to operating temps. Not much fun but at least it charges the battery and allows me to make it go vroom vroom a couple times.

I hate winter...
Yeah... that would be a nice little fix.

Unfortunately mine is in a building that my friend owns and it’s open 9 to 5 weekdays and locked up on weekends - so I don’t get a lot of visitation.

BTW - my Boss is hiding in that particular location instead of in my garage, because I still haven’t gathered the brass to tell my wife that I bought it... that topic might make for an interesting thread!!

Mogumbo

Established Member

I hate winter...
Holy Crap!!! I just notice your name and photo - is that your car?? If I could afford a Paxton Shelby, I would buy a Winter Boss with snow tires and put it away in the spring and pull out my Summer Boss.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I HATE the winters here. I can't wait to retire and move south.
One of the reasons is not being able to drive the Mustang any time I want. (She only comes out when it's really nice out. So, in the winter, that could be 4 months or more!)

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Holy Crap!!! I just notice your name and photo - is that your car?? If I could afford a Paxton Shelby, I would buy a Winter Boss with snow tires and put it away in the spring and pull out my Summer Boss.

Thanks buddy - My '66 is a Trans-Am coupe clone - not a real Shelby. I can't afford that kind of car...and if I could I would be afraid to drive it hard. Besides...it is too fast to be a real Shelby. :). It has a little forged 331 with a Paxton Novi 1200 running 8-ish pounds of boost backed by an Astro A5 putting about 490 to the wheels. Lots of suspension upgrades and big discs all around. She'll be in my garage forever. My goal is to have her road-course ready for this summer.

AK Roadrunner

Established Member
Sadly she's been put away since mid October, I've been passing the time buying parts. Hopefully I'll have a full Whiteline suspension to install come spring along with some new wheels and tires.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Have Pirelli Sotozero winter tires on my 13 and drive it all winter in Michigan.
In 3 years have never been stuck in snow.

Curious, do you get the car oil sprayed to protect against the salt? Have never been able to bring myself to drive my Mustangs in the winter because of the damage done by salt....

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
4 months? more like 6 months smh and yea down south sounds better every day. 2.5 years and I can retire but that will probably never happen either lol

I HATE the winters here. I can't wait to retire and move south.
One of the reasons is not being able to drive the Mustang any time I want. (She only comes out when it's really nice out. So, in the winter, that could be 4 months or more!)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
4 months? more like 6 months smh and yea down south sounds better every day. 2.5 years and I can retire but that will probably never happen either lol
Definitely Brett. That's why I said 4 months or more. lol I usually take my car out in December if it is nice out and there is no snow/salt/sand on the roads. That would mean the 4 months. But, sometimes it starts snowing in November which makes it about 6 months.
I need the warmth and the sun. I loathe winter. When I retire,....bye bye cold winters and snow. lol

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Amen to that! Thinkn bout another 4-5 weeks and we shud b good. for some reason this winter can't end soon enough. coldest I can remember but been warming up so maybe mid April but likely early May as usual after all salt n sand is gone.

Definitely Brett. That's why I said 4 months or more. lol I usually take my car out in December if it is nice out and there is no snow/salt/sand on the roads. That would mean the 4 months. But, sometimes it starts snowing in November which makes it about 6 months.
I need the warmth and the sun. I loathe winter. When I retire,....bye bye cold winters and snow. lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Amen to that! Thinkn bout another 4-5 weeks and we shud b good. for some reason this winter can't end soon enough. coldest I can remember but been warming up so maybe mid April but likely early May as usual after all salt n sand is gone.
Yeah, the winter really hasn't been too bad for us. We're a little more up north than you.
Hopefully it warms up soon and the roads are cleared up!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
overall I guess not too bad but 6 weeks of 5-15 degree temps costing my $600 a month in propane makes me wish I was shoveling sunshine!

Yeah, the winter really hasn't been too bad for us. We're a little more up north than you.
Hopefully it warms up soon and the roads are cleared up!

Users who are viewing this thread