Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Whats a wing window ?

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I liked them opposed to opening the full door glass. In the winter I like to run the heater on high and have fresh air flowing in a bit, wing windows were nice for this.
They were also nice for smokers, and in the summer they would really blow some air at you while cruising, for the days too nice for A/C.

The old Gm's with the crank out wings were kinda neat.
Time and cars change, no automakers build hardtops, cars no longer have rain gutters or cig lighters and ashtrays or wing windows.
I still miss rain gutters, hardtops and wing windows tho.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
I liked them opposed to opening the full door glass. In the winter I like to run the heater on high and have fresh air flowing in a bit, wing windows were nice for this.
They were also nice for smokers, and in the summer they would really blow some air at you while cruising, for the days too nice for A/C.

The old Gm's with the crank out wings were kinda neat.
Time and cars change, no automakers build hardtops, cars no longer have rain gutters or cig lighters and ashtrays or wing windows.
I still miss rain gutters, hardtops and wing windows tho.

I miss the high beam switch on the floor too.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
That brings back memory's, had an old ford pickup with them, and the rain gutters I forgot about them, thanks for the flashback.

Ohms

Established Member

Haha My first drive in my dad 64 Galaxy I was driving along behind a cop, and saw that button on the floor, so I start hitting it.. repetitivly.. my and my buddy are looking around the car trying to see if anything is happening but we dont find anything going on and assume whatever it does or did its broken, a few seconds later the cop slows down, gets beside me.. stares hard, gets behind me and pulls me over. Im like oh great, what did I do wrong?.. Walks up to my window. "Son, why are you flashing your brights at me?" and my buddy just look at each other and start laughing.

As for the original point of the thread, wings are cool great in the summer. my 93 ford work truck I had in FL had those wings which was awsome since the truck didnt have A/c, or a radio, or an inside door handle, wow.
Wings, IPod, and A pair of vice grips did the trick.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member

Seriously! I get tired of the "click-click" push stalks...I don't like having to move my hand on from the wheel.

Vent windows were cool; but I can def. live without them.

I despise the Japanese-style window switches; they're bassackwards to me.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Our '69 Camaro has "AstroVentilation"...actually works pretty well, as it doesn't have A/C. The wing windows on the 90 Bronco we used to have were nice.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
That foot switch for highs was flat out dangerous. In the winter, water would seep in there. We had an old Commando that had this stupid config.

One night driving home the switch went out and shorted the fuse for the entire light system. From light to comlete darkness in 1 second flat. :bash:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
That foot switch for highs was flat out dangerous. In the winter, water would seep in there. We had an old Commando that had this stupid config.

One night driving home the switch went out and shorted the fuse for the entire light system. From light to comlete darkness in 1 second flat. :bash:

Hahahaha :lol1:That was definately a rarity.

Dusten

Established Member
the two rigs i drive the most(the 08 is my wifes dd) have wing windows, high beam on the floor, two speed wipers, and all that good stuff.
Those two rigs being the 74 and the 58

Users who are viewing this thread