Windows won't go up or down

CobraG

Established Member
WTF!!! I come out from the bank finally getting all my paperwork done so I can ship the car to Germany next week and now the windows won't go up or down. The door locks still work but the mirors and windows do not.
I'm thinking a fuse, any thoughts or inputs are greatly appreciated, it has to be fixed before Wedesday :cuss:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
Happened to me a few times in my old 01 cobra. Trick is, has always worked for me, is to open the door, while sitting in the car with the car on. WIth one hand hold the window up button, and with the other hand, shuit the door, you don't have to slam it, but shut it good and hard. WIndow will start going right up. Worth a try, hope it works.

CobraG

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
I don't think they have a fuse. I think they have a relay. I know the old Fox's used too.

Both of them? All of a sudden or randomly?

Thanks everyone for the replies. It happened all the sudden today when I came out of the bank.
I took it to the place that was fixing our vans breaks, the guy looked at it, it's the thing in the door, he could wiggle it and the windows would go up and down but eventually quit. He said it's something with the wiring :shrug:

$83 to look at and fix it

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
happened on my 95 GT. The problem was the actual button. I replaced it and shizam, worked. Theyre prety price tho (well, i mean for being a stupid lil button). Prolly 30 bucks or so. I found some at a swap meet for $5 a pop. Any buttons from 94-04 will fit. Just make sure its for a coupe or vert (whichever you have)

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Mustang4vSVT said:
happened on my 95 GT. The problem was the actual button. I replaced it and shizam, worked. Theyre prety price tho (well, i mean for being a stupid lil button). Prolly 30 bucks or so. I found some at a swap meet for $5 a pop. Any buttons from 94-04 will fit. Just make sure its for a coupe or vert (whichever you have)

Mine had that problem. I paid 6 bucks for a new Ford switch. I did them all so they would all look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread