window tint

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Whats up everyone! I am thinking about tinting my windows but with a grey mirror-like tint. What do you all think about that? Or just tint it regular but not too dark........ or not at all? What do you all think? How do you all have your windows?:)

Black Cobra

Established Member
I don't have any tint on my '98, some idiot down here passed a window tint law some years back. Maybe I'll put curtains up :)

I had the dark limo tint on a '77 Cobra II once back in the 80's. I liked it.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
:burnout: If you go too dark it makes it hard to see out of the windows at night and the back window will reflect back at you. I have always tinted my windows. Just be careful how dark you go. Too dark and the cops will make you take it off. and it's no fun to take off. It's a bitch to get off. :thumbsup:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I've tinted almost ALL my vehicles. The first one I did myself w/a buddy who had done it many times before... the sides at least. It turned out fine (none of that bubbleing crap jobs you see out there), but it was onl 35% and I didn't think it was dark enough. The rear window I had done at a shop (Ziebart).

The 2nd vehicle... an '89 GT. Also had Ziebart do that whole car... all cash under the table cuz it was illegal tint @ 21%. Basicly I didn't get a receipt, but it was entered in their computer for the warranty. Did all windows + a strip on the windsheild... VERY nice lookin' on a white car :thumbsup:

After this... I can't remember how, but I ran across a professional tint source. The guy does it all day long on vehicles, buildings, whatever.
I've had him do ALL my rides and all at 21%. Legal here (MN) is 50% and that's worthless... may as well not even have it done, you can barely tell.

So he's hooked me up deals ever since cuz most he's done on the weekend in his garage. I had a black '89 GP that I did all around + windsheild strip @ 21%.
A g/f's charcole '91 GP just like my GP @ 21%. My bright red GSX all around + widsheild strip @ 21% (links to pics in sig).
Did up my red McLaren recently 21% all around + windsheild strip. I think the only car I didn't do a widsheild strip on was the Cobra. And now I'm debating on having him do it. Otherwise that also is 21% all around.

I couldn't decide if I wanted to tint the Cobra... I thought about if for a year. Didn't know if it would "wreck" the originalness being it's a Cobra.
When I finally did it, REALLY glad I did! :thumbsup: Plus if I wanna take it off, it's doable.
I'm jynxing myself, but I've never gotten a tint ticket on these cars either. The g/f got pulled over in one of my GP's and the cop said the tint was too dark, but I think he was just being nosy cuz he let her skate. Plus she told him it was my car... which running the plate obviously brought up.

So yea, I'm kinda partial to normal tint (not a huge fan of coppers or blues or weird tints) and 21%.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
I can tell you from my experience that tint is great. I have 15 % tint on my car from llumar so it will stay the black color and not turn to purple later down the years. If your worried about the police, if and when you get pulled over just remember this tid-bit of info. Roll all your windows down and turn on all interior lights. It saved me once and I didn't get the ticket because the cop liked my car and I talked to him a little while about it.:p

All cops are not that bad. :beer:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
EXACTLY! Zip the windows down, turn on the int lights if dark, and put both hands on the wheel. That's basicly the reason certain percentages are illegal is because the cops can't see what your doing when they approach. Make them feel comfortable when they approach and they might cut you a break.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I just got my cobra the other day and it was already tinted by the first owner. There's no sticker anywhere that says what it is,but I can tell you it is DARK. And it looks great.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
I just got my cobra the other day and it was already tinted by the first owner. There's no sticker anywhere that says what it is,but I can tell you it is DARK. And it looks great.
It always does... that's just one thing I gotta do to every vehicle, it looks nice and I like having it. :thumbsup:

We haven't done the g/f's yet cuz she might trade for a truck, then tha'd get done right away.

fangstang

Established Member
I'm gonna put 35% metallic tint on my silver 2003. My friend has it on his CLK430(silver) and it looks very good.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
I'm gonna put 35% metallic tint on my silver 2003. My friend has it on his CLK430(silver) and it looks very good.
Now that does sound nice! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread