Window Tint Probs

Blue Magic

Established Member
I've read on some other forums ,some people were having problems with scratching tint on the 05-06 Mustangs. Anyone here have any problems? :rollseyes

Black06GT

Established Member
It is a known issue by ford. I have an 06 that had the windows tinted by the dealer and within 2 weeks the scratches appeared and the dealer took the tint off put the felt on and re tinted. Works like a charm except that there is a little streak where the scratch was from the glue they used. The streak keeps getting a little smaller each time I clean the windows though and soon it will be gone. This was done under warranty of course.

Black06GT

Established Member
Hey Rob. Not to hijack but, I was looking at your sig and I am planning the same setup as you (going Bassani instead though) and I was wondering how you are liking the SCT and JLT setup? Did you do it yourself? Is it easy? I have never done anything with the ecm of a car before. Sorry for all of the questions.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Black06GT, I really like the SCT and JLT 2 CAI setup combo. The tune downloads in about 2 minutes and the JLT CAI took about 20 minutes to install. Really easy to install. I ordered directly from Jay at JLT and had it within 3 days. You should have no problem putting it on at home with basic hand tools. Good luck :)

10thsilversnk

Established Member
Made an appointment for my wife's GT to get tinted this week and the tint guy told me that all the new mustangs are having this problem because there is no phelt on the inside of the window, as in previous mustangs to catch the dirt. So I went to the dealership in Tucson and they told me that they would put it on for $110.00, so we had it done. Will have the tint done on Wednsday. Let you all know if this prevents the problem.

:shrug:

Exotic_HP

Established Member
10thsilversnk said:
Made an appointment for my wife's GT to get tinted this week and the tint guy told me that all the new mustangs are having this problem because there is no phelt on the inside of the window, as in previous mustangs to catch the dirt. So I went to the dealership in Tucson and they told me that they would put it on for $110.00, so we had it done. Will have the tint done on Wednsday. Let you all know if this prevents the problem.

:shrug:
got the part number for the phelt?

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Ya my tint that came on the car was really done well. bc there are no scratches or nothing and i checked and there is felt, but i think the guy b4 me spent some big bux.

zinc yellow 03

The cure is called Mole Skin it comes in rolls 1" wide and you cut it in half pull the
door panel off and pull the weather strip and install it on the part of the weather
strip that touches the door glass. Done my 05 as soon as I got it have not had the
first scratch.

418stang

Established Member
I am a ford tech and this is a known problem by ford and they are still trying to figure out the fix they are going to use.For now we are replacing with the same belt moldings and just having the windows retinted. This is all covered under warranty so if anyone tells you otherwise they are crazy!!!

Blake

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
My windows scratched in the same place on both sides.I took it to the dealer and they said they took the panels off and could not find anything wrong.
Looks like I will have to call the customer care department and fight with these guys to get it fixed. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread