Window Sticker?

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I would like to have a copy of the window sticker for my car. Is there a way to get it if you did not buy your car new? I think it would be a neat addition to my 1993 Cobra sales literature collection. Anyone know?

02_Lightning

Established Member
You will not be able to get that. I have tried for years to get a copy of mine with no luck. What you would have had to do was find the original selling dealer, and then get their copy of the sticker.... which is destroyed after three years. I bought mine in 1996, and they had just gotten rid of it:bash:

Some do a good job with a window sticker template, and you can print out one that would be just like the real thing. Need someone to scan in a real one, and then modify with your correct information, and then print out.... as close as you will ever get to the real thing.

If someone has a window sticker for a black car, gray leather, no sunroof, and tape player, I would be very interested in a scanned copy that I can add my selling dealer and Vin information to.

Thanks!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I went the reproduction route that 99Lightning is talking about. If you need any photoshop help, give me a yell and I'll help.

My car is a teal car, no sunroof, or I'd let you use mine.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Richard could you send me a copy of it also? I'd like to see it, did you do it? Maybe I could get you to do one with my info. Later.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I am a second owner. I was in my first year of college when these 93s came out and could not afford a brand new Cobra at the time, so I waited until I got done with college when I could afford it :D

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I am a second owner. I was in my first year of college when these 93s came out and could not afford a brand new Cobra at the time, so I waited until I got done with college when I could afford it :D

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
93snake - you've got mail
speedfreek - you've got mail
Black93Cobra - give me an email addy, and you'll get mail... :D

The file is 2.1mb is size, hope you have your email cleared out and your box will take a file that big. If not, let me know and I'll downsize it a little bit. It is 300 dpi and at 100% full size. I had several hours tied up in mine making it look authentic, course I'm a graphic designer and just a little bit anal sometimes.

I am a second owner as well, so I didn't have a window sticker.

02_Lightning

Established Member
May I get a copy of yours as well?
[email protected]

I have wanted to get this done for a while... how easy is it to modify to fit my cars information? The reason I don't have mine is because I am the third owner. I do have everything else for it... just no sticker. I bought this car when I was 19 (27 now) and kept it in storage for most of the time I have had it. Thanks for your help.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
How easy? According to how good you are with photoshop. It works best if you find a sticker with the same options as your car, or more options. You can take options out, but it's a lot harder to put them back in. To put it in perspective, I had to go through and cut and paste individual letters out to make a few words here and there. Sure, I probably could have found a similar font out there somewhere, but the chances of it being perfectly identical with the same aging/soft edges/opacity can be very painstaking to reproduce. You've got mail!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Here's a link to my web version:
37979window_sticker_for_web.jpg

Speedfreek

Established Member
Richard your email didn't work for me, I replied over at SCOA but I guess you haven't saw it yet, the sticker looks great, I was wondering if you could do one up with my options and what you'd charge, email me and well go from there. Later

Users who are viewing this thread