Will Xpipe Make You Loose Boost And Power????

COBRA TODD

Established Member
ITS A OFROAD X-PIPE...MAC,WILL IT HAVE LESS BOOST AND LESS POWER AFTER INSTALLED?. :shrug:
THANKS

2003 Silver

Banned
COBRA TODD said:
ITS A OFROAD X-PIPE...MAC,WILL IT HAVE LESS BOOST AND LESS POWER AFTER INSTALLED?. :shrug:
THANKS

Depends on how much power your car is making....taking out the cats = less back pressure and these cars love back pressure. That being said, if you are in the mid 500's it may be beneficial as being less restrictive at that range is more important than having the back pressure.

COBRA TODD

Established Member
Im At 405rwhp,so Would It Be Better With Stock Mid-pipe On?
After I Put Offroad Xpipe On, It Felt Alot Slower And The Boost Didnt Seem As High?wtf

Asd60303

Lead. Never Follow
Established Member
I don't want to hijack this thread but what if you get a tune for the off-road x-pipe? Wouldn't that bring back the lost power down low and make more power in the upper rpms.

TEABG

Banned
Asd60303 said:
I don't want to hijack this thread but what if you get a tune for the off-road x-pipe? Wouldn't that bring back the lost power down low and make more power in the upper rpms.

Sure if you increase your timing, it would be safe to do so becuase you decreased your boost level with the off-road X. Still do not think you will recover the fell though.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
this is a wierd question... I have heard diffrent things as far as this goes... I had a steeda catted x pipe (same thing as bassani I beleive) intake, and steeda cat back with stock pulley I was making 9 psi! most people only see 7 psi when they use an offroad x pipe so I dunno... now I have a 2.8 pulley and o/r upr x pipe I usually see 14 psi... occasionally 15. I have never found a straight answer to whether you want cats or not as far as power goes....

Users who are viewing this thread