Will we get pricing at NY?

rdvenom99

Established Member
Do you think they will announce the pricing along with the unveiling of the 07 cobra at the NY auto show? I really want to know what the price is going to be. If it's going to be over 40k then I'm just going to get something else like maybe a 06 mustang GT.

drmustang

Banned
43K could severely restrict Cobra sales. Approx. 66%(2/3) of the respondants to the "How much would you pay" poll indicated that they would not pay more than 39K.At 43K msrp, the out the door price yields a monthly debt that would be painfull if not impossible for a significant number of potential buyers.

putawaywet

Established Member
I know I've said this before but.... the new styling brings with it potential for a whole new market share. Even SVT has said they are trying to go a bit more upscale with this car.

Everyone keeps talking like the people on internet chat boards are the only people in the world who could possibly want to buy the next Cobra. I don't believe that for one minute.

I have no doubts that if the car is well received, the price increase will not matter. Yes, the 20-30 year old group will no doubt feel the pinch more than most, but the 30-50 year olds who might have a longing to revisit their youth and are financially capable of affording this car will make the sacrafice if they really want to. And I believe they will. The entire car market is going upscale and overall sales are proving that consumers are willing to pay for it.

So, while I have been hearing everything from 39k-45k it wouldn't surprise me to see them hitting the showrooms somewhere in the middle. If anything winds up hurting future Cobra sales it will be ridiculous dealer markup not the MSRP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread