Will this work?

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
Looking at throwing in a 31 spline set up on my 99. Should I get a 03-04 cobra pumpkin with the 31 spline cv's or should I get a 31 spline track lok and then get the 03-04 cobra shafts? Also when using the new 31 spline shafts do I have to do anything to make them fit into my hubs? Thanks!

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Get the 31spline diff with the carbon fiber clutches and the 03/04 halfshafts, they will fit your hubs just fine. Another diff option would be a non disc type posi like Eaton, True trac, or auburn. These will be more resistant to heat which is can be a problem with the irs diff.

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
The one I was going to pick up is an Eaton Trak Lok 31 spline diff and then grab some used 31 spline 03/04 shafts and put my 4.10s in. Too much gear for my eaton swap setup?

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
just gonna go out on the obvious, but why are you switching them out? are you planning FI or nitrous or something?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
The one I was going to pick up is an Eaton Trak Lok 31 spline diff and then grab some used 31 spline 03/04 shafts and put my 4.10s in. Too much gear for my eaton swap setup?

4.10's should not be too much gear. There was another guy on here with the EG 99 with eaton swap and 4.56's. You should be fine.

just gonna go out on the obvious, but why are you switching them out? are you planning FI or nitrous or something?

Read above.

Users who are viewing this thread