will this hose work with e85

95snake03

Established Member
I have another mustang im doing a fuel system on and were trying to decide which fuel hose to use. Already bought a small piece of Earls Perform-o-Flex hose and it seems nice. I like it alot, but the box says they dont know the long term effects from some fuels. We may end up running the car on e85, so if we use this hose for the rest of the fuel system I want to make sure it is capable of handling e85. Heres a link....Holley Performance Products 3 ft. PC Hose - Size 10, ID .5625, OD .796875 403010ERL

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
From the description I would say no.

Installation Notes
Fuel manufacturers may have added any number of new unpublished additives to their blends. It is therefore difficult to know how the tube compound used in the inner liner of our Perform–O–Flex or any other brand of elastomeric hose will react with a specific fuel. Because of the unknowns described above, we are unable to guarantee that the hose listed is the best possible product to use with any specific fuel. If in doubt use teflon lined hose.

Last edited:

Janstang

Established Member
I'm running the Earls Pro-Lite 350 hose on mine with no issues and it has that same disclaimer about being unable to guarantee that it is the best possible product to use.

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
I'm running the Earls Pro-Lite 350 hose on mine with no issues and it has that same disclaimer about being unable to guarantee that it is the best possible product to use.

I called Earls and they reccomend I do not use it, although Ive herd of several people using it with E-85. I cant find nice -10 and -8 BLACK teflon hose!!! any reccomendations!?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I am running Eaton Aeroquip FC350 hose with reusable Galvanized Steel fittings. No weep or odors.

The FC350 is kind of overkill for fuel line, but it works great. 1250 psi max operating pressure and 5000 psi min burst pressure.

Here are the specs.
Construction: AQP elastomer tube, polyester inner braid and a single wire braid reinforcement; black polyester textile braided cover. Application: Air, gasoline, fuel lubricating oils and coolants.

Ethanol Rating "E" Excellent

attachment.php

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
I am running Eaton Aeroquip FC350 hose with reusable Galvanized Steel fittings. No weep or odors.

The FC350 is kind of overkill for fuel line, but it works great. 1250 psi max operating pressure and 5000 psi min burst pressure.

Here are the specs.
Construction: AQP elastomer tube, polyester inner braid and a single wire braid reinforcement; black polyester textile braided cover. Application: Air, gasoline, fuel lubricating oils and coolants.

attachment.php

Thanks, Where do you buy it from? Also what other fittings can be used with that line? Also they make it in a -10?

Last edited:

95snake03

Established Member
well I dont want to use black hose on my car. Im just going to cut a small piece of the earls hose and put it inside a container full of e85 and let it set like that for a month straight. Then ill pull it out and if its still good ill go ahead and order all the hose but if it gets ate up by the e85 ill go with something else. The car wont be running for a few months anyways

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member

Here are the specs.

attachment.php

well I dont want to use black hose on my car. Im just going to cut a small piece of the earls hose and put it inside a container full of e85 and let it set like that for a month straight. Then ill pull it out and if its still good ill go ahead and order all the hose but if it gets ate up by the e85 ill go with something else. The car wont be running for a few months anyways

My guess is nothing will happen in a month.... long term is more of a year plus.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks, Where do you buy it from? Also what other fittings can be used with that line? Also they make it in a -10?
I get it locally here in Dallas from Texas Rubber Supply Co. The make it all the way up to -24 if you want. LOL

I'm sure it will be fine. Skaarew04SVT has been running the Fragola line for a year and a half and it still looks perfect.

GodStang

Established Member
I am running Aeroquip PTFE Stainless Steel operating psi 3000. Can run almost any chemical in the world through it. -10an feed -10an return.

84d5c64e.jpg

cbr repsol

Established Member
I am running Aeroquip PTFE Stainless Steel operating psi 3000. Can run almost any chemical in the world through it. -10an feed -10an return.

84d5c64e.jpg

Sorry but im lmao right now of the pic.

Godstang ....you are showing you elephant trunk through the jeans.

You must of just got your fittings crimped on and got excited. lol:beer:

GodStang

Established Member
Sorry but im lmao right now of the pic.

Godstang ....you are showing you elephant trunk through the jeans.

You must of just got your fittings crimped on and got excited. lol:beer:

Dude I so was!!! Haha I noticed after I posted it and was hoping no one saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread