Will this be the next generation Supra?

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
I know this is a SVT site, but I figured the successor to the almighty 1200rwhp, 11s beasts :rolling: would be interesting to many on here.
This is a concept, but I have to say it's growing on me, the side profile looks pretty sick imho.
There is no other info, but it will most likely be rwd with a lot of horsepower.
We'll see...

01-supra-rendering.jpg

02-supra-rendering.jpg

03-supra-rendering.jpg

04-supra-rendering.jpg

05-supra-rendering.jpg

06-supra-rendering.jpg

Last edited:

red9450

Established Member
i think it looks great, but im going to imagine a $60k+ price tag....

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
They could just start rebuilding the MKIV supra, exactly like it was in 1998 (probably add a fresh interior with modern gizmos like ipod connectivity and bluetooth etc). Same engine, tranny, yaddah yaddah. It would sell like hot cakes.

Stevo151

Established Member
They could just start rebuilding the MKIV supra, exactly like it was in 1998 (probably add a fresh interior with modern gizmos like ipod connectivity and bluetooth etc). Same engine, tranny, yaddah yaddah. It would sell like hot cakes.

THIS!!! just modernize the interior add a few new things and that thing will sell easily!! :rockon:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

like the VW bugs they kept building in mexico? lol. man the price of the originals would drop like a ROCK! i bet they would be popular but they'd have to squeeze more power out of them from the factory. in todays hp race, the stock turbo supra doesnt hold a candle to whats out there. i know they can be modded to a bazillion hp but stock hp sells cars, not mod worthiness.

F8L BYT

Established Member
like the VW bugs they kept building in mexico? lol. man the price of the originals would drop like a ROCK! i bet they would be popular but they'd have to squeeze more power out of them from the factory. in todays hp race, the stock turbo supra doesnt hold a candle to whats out there. i know they can be modded to a bazillion hp but stock hp sells cars, not mod worthiness.

Exactly! But all they have to do for that is a couple of bigger turbo's that's the easy part. :beer:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

Automotive journalist would quickly criticize Toyota for not bringing anything new to the plate, or call them cheap for not starting from scratch with a new platform. Plus, I'm not sure how well in a 19+ chassis would compete in today's market.

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
You know Japan is itching to bring the Supra back out. Who remembers when they called this car Japan's muscle car. IIRC, they were comparing the Supra to the Cobra even though the supra had 20-30k on the sn95 cobra at the time when both cars were new. They both had very very similiar body lines. Now if Japan wants to step it up there going go against a mightier pack, Z06, GT500, etc etc.

Now on to the design, I think it looks like a good starting point. They shouldn't deviate to much from the last body style but definitely do a serious nip and tuck, obviously its been 10+ years.

:pop:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread