Will my a1000 make it on a 200 mile trip?

asierra1

Established Member
I'm getting my cobra tuned in Dallas in the near future and I'm not sure if it'll make the trip without overheating. I'm stationed in Shreveport, so it's about 220 miles to the shop. I really don't wanna spend more money but if I have to, I will. Anyone think I could get away without a fuel cooler? I'll be making the drive early morning time, so the Texas heat won't be quite up to afternoon temps.

Thanks,
Alex

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well my A1000's has probably 12k miles on it and it's been just fine.. 400mile trips in AL and FL heat.. You'll be just fine.. Mine is wired on 100% all the time

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I don't hear my A1000 at all, but my friend has two on his TT Cobra and they are really loud. The C02 purging from my AMS1000 is louder than my fuel pump.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Mine isn't loud at all. But my car makes lots of noise with the T-trim and full O/R exhaust lol

asierra1

Established Member
Hmm. I looked into a cooler from Glenn's performance. 220 isnt bad, but it raises another question. Where is a good place to mount it up?

SlowSVT

Established Member
I don't think your going to have a problem. The fuel will be constantly circulated thru the system and not "dead headed" inside a pair of hot fuel rails.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Mine is mounted on the rear bumper.. Click my threads started and you'll see my E85 thread with pics of it mounted up..

asierra1

Established Member
7u9eneva.jpg

What mine looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread