Will MIL eliminators get rid of "not ready" code? Can't get catalyst system "ready" for inspection.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I have long tubes and an H-pipe with high flow cats but after a recent retune of the car I cannot seem to get the "not ready" code for the catalyst system to go away. I know there is a work around for this but I'm already 2+ months past inspection and I think there are more fines/penalties after 90 days. With the holidays coming up I just don't have the time to keep dicking with this, so I am considering buying MIL eliminators if they will help with this problem. I just need the computer to think it's good to go so I can pass the OBDII scan part of my inspection.

I'm happy to take other input as to how to get the catalyst system to be "ready" but I've driven over 200 miles since the system was reset. I've driven in stop and go traffic, I've driven at steady speeds from 30 mph up through 75 mph, I've driven around taching 3K+ rpm to try and get the cats nice and hot, I've slowed down without the brake pedal while leaving the car in gear, and I've driven around spiritedly, again trying to get the cats hot. Thus far none of that has made the catalyst system ready. All other systems switched from not ready to ready a long time ago (like within 50 miles), except the EGR system which has been removed and disabled in the tune. My tuner said the removal and disablement of the EGR system should have no effect on the catalyst system preparing itself... can anybody else confirm this?

Thanks for any input.

Sluggie24

Established Member
If your tuner turned the rear O2 sensors off then the cats will never set the readiness test to complete. Your first step will be asking your tuner if they are on or off. I'm not 100% positive but if the rear O2 sensors are turned on and you use the simulators it might set to complete under the right driving conditions without cats but with cats it might not.

The best way to get the cat readiness test to run is to start the car cold and get out on the highway asap. Cruise at 55-60mph in OD as steady as you can for 5-10 min. That should get the PCM to run the test.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
In the most recent tune the O2's are turned back on, or supposed to be anyway... I'm beginning to wonder. I spoke to someone at American Muscle and they told me as long as the O2's were turned on the MIL eliminators would tell the monitors for the catalyst system that they were "ready." So I ordered some up and hope to install them this weekend. If that system is still reading "not ready" after they go on then my tuner owes me $50 for the MIL eliminators! ;)

Sluggie24

Established Member
Mil eliminates just take the signal from the O2 sensors and reduce the amplitude of the readings. That fools the pcm into thinking the cats are there and working. You will still need to drive the car properly to get the pcm to run the readiness test.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
In the most recent tune the O2's are turned back on, or supposed to be anyway... I'm beginning to wonder. I spoke to someone at American Muscle and they told me as long as the O2's were turned on the MIL eliminators would tell the monitors for the catalyst system that they were "ready." So I ordered some up and hope to install them this weekend. If that system is still reading "not ready" after they go on then my tuner owes me $50 for the MIL eliminators! ;)
The MIL eliminators should do the job.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Mil eliminates just take the signal from the O2 sensors and reduce the amplitude of the readings. That fools the pcm into thinking the cats are there and working. You will still need to drive the car properly to get the pcm to run the readiness test.
The readiness test definitely has to be cleared for emissions testing. Stupid P1000 code.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread