Will KB 2.6H fit under 96-98 cobra hood?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Pretty sure I know the answer is no, but does anyone know from experience if a KB 2.6H will fit under a 96-98 hood? not going to shim the K-member as that's sketch as **** imo. if it doesn't fit I'll move to a VMP or whipple. thanks in advance for any input.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I have no definitive answer for you, but I could swear there was a member here at one point that had a 03/04 swap in his car with a 2.6H on it under the stock hood. It was a two-toned red and I believe silver 96-98 convertible. I wish I could remember his screen-name.

Willing to share why you're moving away from the Procharger?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I have no definitive answer for you, but I could swear there was a member here at one point that had a 03/04 swap in his car with a 2.6H on it under the stock hood. It was a two-toned red and I believe silver 96-98 convertible. I wish I could remember his screen-name.

cause it'll be quieter and for shits and giggles. since I'm selling the car- most people on this site prefer PD blowers, and my wife will ride in it again.

SpittingCobra

Established Member

I'll second this. Pretty sure he even told me the 2.8 would fit. There is a thread somewhere with pictures.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I don't have any experience with it, but I thought there was a thread from a few months back about a Whipple 3.4 being stuffed under the 96-98 hood. I hope you can get it to fit!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
HO Fibertrends has a hood that looks stock with a 1/2 to 1" more clearance. Just a thought.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
yeah- he told me if I wasn't willing to do "everything" it takes to make it fit then Kenne Bell isn't for me. hahahaha. anyways- I'll have it in hand in two days- if it doesn't fit without shimming the kmember than I'll trade for a VMP or whipple.

Last edited:

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Here's mine with the stops & catch moved up
IMAG0776-1_zps5febc08a.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread