Will, Jay back yet?????? cmon spill........

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Dying to know how the trip went.
The numbers?

Not much excitement around here this weekend.;-)

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Sorry guys the site was down yesterday and when it came back on I was really tired and didn't want to post.

So the final results are Me 466 HP and 443 TQ and Jay 470 HP and 452 TQ. Rick was really pleased with the way the cars felt and said that he couldn't bellieve how close the cars where to each other. The only difference between our cars is Jay has a pulley boys 2.8 upper cut down to 2.71 and sandblasted also a polished throttle body and plenum.

I have some belt slip up top that i need to get fixed so I could pic up to about 470 but the extra Tq that jay has is coming from the smaller pulley.

All in all both cars run smooth as hell and pull like a mofo. Oh and jay did his #'s with a predator custom tune loaded into it. Rick, Linn, and Jason where all very nice and took the whole day saturday to deal with our cars I can say enough about how nice they where. Big thanks to them:thumbsup:

Will

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Thanks for the info Will...congrats on the completed mission & precision tune!:beer:

I am assuming those are Mustang dyno numbers? If so...would you suggest your previous HP(+38) & TQ(+39) numbers were a bit "happy"? If so...it looks like the happy dial was adjusted just under +40.

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebite
Thanks for the info Will...congrats on the completed mission & precision tune!:beer:

I am assuming those are Mustang dyno numbers? If so...would you suggest your previous HP(+38) & TQ(+39) numbers were a bit "happy"? If so...it looks like the happy dial was adjusted just under +40.

They use the wrong correctio factors at Livernois, for the weight they use 3650 well it does wheigh that but Amazon puts it in at 3750 closer to what it would be with someone in it. And for th hp at 50 Livernois puts it at 12.7 and Amazon puts it at 14 where Mustang Dyno says is the correct facto for our cars.

Will

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
It appears the correction factors can make a significant difference...8% swing in your case.

I am going to try to make JP's tuning session at Dyno Dave's tonight @ 5:00pm and see what his dyno parameters are set at.

Does a Mustang dyno require more human input via correction factors than a Dyno Jet?:shrug:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebite
Does a Mustang dyno require more human input via correction factors than a Dyno Jet?:shrug:

yes....Mustang measures under load, thus the weight and additional factors are necessary

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Originally posted by JB
yes....Mustang measures under load, thus the weight and additional factors are necessary

Thanks JB...it's making better sense to me now.:thumbsup:

Jaysvt

Ready for Summer
Established Member
The trip was awsome. Rick, Lynn and jason are great people and are by far the best performance shop in the country!!!!!! They treated us like KINGS. This weekend was by far the best experience i had in a while. I thought 9 hours was a bit far for a custume tune, boy was i wrong, i think i would drive 18 hours just to hang out at the shop and learn more about our cars.

If anyone wants more performance, just call Amazon and that is it!!!!

JB and Doug missed out you should have come.

anyway see you guys on Sat to see what the car can do.

jay

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Hey guys, was there any mention of "pegging the maf" or "maxing out the fuel system".

That seems to be the word coming from Dyno Dave for people with Snakebite's and my level of mods. I saw a shift from 10.8 to 12.4 over the last 2000 rpm so I tend to believe him that I need more gas. Just wondering about the A/F Rick was able to get you to.

Basically these mods will run you out of pump;
Apten
Throttle Body
CAI
Exhaust

Users who are viewing this thread