Will it run OK if I......

coreseller

Established Member
I'm thinking about trading my Cobra in on a ZO6, Here's my question: It has a JLT CAI and Bassani X-Pipe and Bassani Catback. I had it tuned by Modular Depot last fall before putting it up for the winter. If I pull the CAI and exhaust and replace both with the stock units will my car run alright being that it was tuned with the Mods on it? Thanks.....Mark.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
It'll probably be running alittle rich as those mods increased airflow in/out. I dont see enough mods there to cause any real harm. However the only real problem I see happening is the increase in the appeal of gold chains and half unbuttoned Hawaiin shirts.

UCBeau

Did you get an chip or a handheld programmer, cause if you got an XCal II you can just flash the car back to its stock tune.

C5 Z06? Nice choice!! Those cars are pimp.

coreseller

Established Member
I had it Dyno tuned by the guys at Modular Depot ( and they did a great job BTW ) so handheld is unfortunately out. Thanks.....Mark.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I would leave it them on so the car doesn't give the next owner any trouble.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
coreseller said:
Well, the lack of comments regarding my question along with the joking remark that I got pretty much seals my decision to go ZO6. Anyone that has some moronic remark towards a ZO6 please IM me, I'll let the drive explain. 3300 lbs. and 405 hp Naturally Aspirated? Lets Go Gomer. :banana:

I answered your question and then cracked a friendly joke? What seems to be the problem? Get the Z06 already.

coreseller

Established Member
I knew you were kidding. I had two different windows browsers open and thought I was posting on another site, sorry about that. :beer:

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
quick01snake said:
yeah 405 hp..but if you want to mod...have fun paying the vette tax on parts...LOL

What Corvette tax do you speak of?

Oh...the one that causes a set of long tube headers to cost $1500.00 :xpl:

Stupid Corvette tax. :dw:

coreseller

Established Member
quick01snake said:
yeah 405 hp..but if you want to mod...have fun paying the vette tax on parts...LOL

Yeah, I've heard that and there seems to be some truth to it. It appears HCI and exhaust really wake them up. I gotta say even in stock trim they feel pretty stout.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
coreseller said:
Yeah, I've heard that and there seems to be some truth to it. It appears HCI and exhaust really wake them up. I gotta say even in stock trim they feel pretty stout.

Intake with a set of headers and a tune is good for nearly 40hp. There is little to no gain to be had from a cat-back however.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
coreseller said:

yeah there is a local c5, not even a z06, w/ cam, LS6 intake, lid, full exhaust w/ long tubes, and he's putting down 375 rwhp and 378 rwtq....and that is on a mustang dyno, so probably a bit over 400 rwhp on a DJ...

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
If its a piggy back chip alls you have to do is diconnect your battery pull the chip out, put your factory parts back on, and its back to stock with the stock tune.

coreseller

Established Member
I gotta admit I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the chip thing. I'll look into where and how to pull the chip (Modular Depot loaded the program through the OBD port) but are you saying pulling it and reinstalling it will erase the tune put on it? They also recalibrated the speedo for the 4.10's wouldn't that get "erased" also? Thanks again for the help guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread