Will it NEED a tune?

svtcobra440

Established Member
Hey guys,
My mods are currently just a 2.8 pulley and has been tuned by I dont know who. I'm not worried about this tune because I feel like this is such a common mod list its hard to screw it up, and I've had the car for 9 years and put over 20k miles on it with zero issues. I don't think its a 4lb lower but I'd have to check. Anyways, considered doing a stage 4 ported setup. I'd do 60lb injectors, BAP, ba2800 MAF and then go 2.9 upper and 4lb lower (also maybe a CAI but not the high boost). If I did this, would my car NEED a retune? Its already running more boost than stock I think because it buries the boost gauge at WOT. Dyno's around here are few and far between and I'd have a lot in it. If the motor will run fine and safe but I'm leaving 20hp on the table by not tuning it I don't care and I'll save the money. If its likely that I'll destroy the engine and it'll run like crap then I'll have to add this to my list. Thanks for the help!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, don't even think about staying with your existing tune. A new tune is most definitely needed with your proposed mods.

Users who are viewing this thread