Will Forgestar CF5V 19X10 42 offset fit the front?

SVTStampede

Established Member
Has anyone tried the 19X10 42 offset CF5V in the front of an S197(11-2014 with Brembo specifically) without a spacer? Or any of the forgestar models in that measurement.

I've seen some mention that they might not fit without spacers due to Brembo clearance, so checking to see if anyone knows personally.

Thanks.

68gtscode

Established Member
I have not tried that exact wheel on a car, but believe they will fit. The backspace is about what you’d want for an S197. I’ll include a link to Apex’s wheel fitment guide below… Their 10” wheel has 40mm offset, so very close to your specs… I think close enough as some tuck an 11” wheel in the front.

As for Brembo clearance- the CF5V offers a lot! I bought a set of 19s (19x9.5 and 19x11) for a GT500 (non 13/14) and also sold them to a guy with an S550 with Brembos. He was also concerned, so I went through the effort of printing 1:1 the blueprints of his specific Brembos, and found there was a ton of room to spare. This procedure is the only way to tell for sure, but I assume you’ll be fine. I’ll include another link that outlines how to do this.

68gtscode

Established Member
I should have mentioned- I bought my C5FVs from Howey Industries specifically for my GT500. When I sold the wheels, I called Howey Industries to ask them about S550 Brembo clearance. I believe it was Paul there who told me they would likely NOT clear the potential buyer’s Brembos. That’s why I went through the exercise of printing up the blueprints, as outlined in the website I provided above. Anyhow, Howey Industries was totally wrong- there was a ton of extra clearance for the buyer’s Brembos. I talked with the buyer again after he mounted them on his car, and everything worked as planned. Those wheels have a lot of brake clearance, generally speaking. I’d still use the procedure in the website just to confirm, however.

SVTStampede

Established Member
I should have mentioned- I bought my C5FVs from Howey Industries specifically for my GT500. When I sold the wheels, I called Howey Industries to ask them about S550 Brembo clearance. I believe it was Paul there who told me they would likely NOT clear the potential buyer’s Brembos. That’s why I went through the exercise of printing up the blueprints, as outlined in the website I provided above. Anyhow, Howey Industries was totally wrong- there was a ton of extra clearance for the buyer’s Brembos. I talked with the buyer again after he mounted them on his car, and everything worked as planned. Those wheels have a lot of brake clearance, generally speaking. I’d still use the procedure in the website just to confirm, however.

Hey man, thank you for your personal experiences and that link.

Gives me something to play with!

Do you happen to remember what the offset was on your 9.5s?

68gtscode

Established Member
No problem, I'm glad to help. My 9.5s had an offset of +33, which was "aggressive" fitment from Howey Industries' point of view... They were fairly flush with the fender. Some simple math- offset of 33 on a 9.5" wheel translates to backspace of around 6.55", so 3.95" in "front" of the mounting pad. Your 10" wheel with offset of 42 would have a backspace around 7.15" and 3.85" in front of the wheel. They would not be as aggressive, but very close. You could probably run a slightly wider tire, but you'd obviously need to determine options based on desired diameter.

Users who are viewing this thread