Will e85 work for me?

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
I'm doing a eaton swap on my Mach 1 and I have 60lbs injectors kenne bell bap and cobra tank and pumps. I have a station near me and I would like the added insurance of e85.

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
you SHOULD be okay... Really will just depend on who tunes it and where your Fuel pump and injector duty cycles are at.

Best to tune on 91/93 first, see where you are at fuel wise. If you are around 30% FPDC, good to go. If you are around 60%, I would look to upgrading components because you will max on out e85.

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I am going to upgrade my fuel system to a return system soon, but until I do I just wanted to be sure that the e85 will work with the cobra pumps and mess them up.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I am going to upgrade my fuel system to a return system soon, but until I do I just wanted to be sure that the e85 will work with the cobra pumps and mess them up.

Keep in mind your Cobra pumps came out 11 years ago.
Long before E85 was an option. Even before E10 was at most pumps.
I would be VERY leery of running a pump that was not proven to be E85 compatible.
I went through 3 of the Walbro 400s that were supposed to be all fuels compatible.
Turns out they were not E85 compatible and left a mess in my filters and lines.
I was out the cost of 3 fuel pumps.

Last edited:

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
Thanks Senkak. I don't have to run e85, but I thought might be able to run it and keep anything bad from happen to my stock block. I am going to upgrade fuel system anyways. Hey Senkak i wouldn't mind taking a ride in your car. Right now I'm building a engine and when I get it done I will be looking at getting a bigger blower and like to see how the vmp 2.3 on e85 feels.

Keep in mind your Cobra pumps came out 11 years ago.
Long before E85 was an option. Even before E10 was at most pumps.
I would be VERY leery of running a pump that was not proven to be E85 compatible.
I went through 3 of the Walbro 400s that were supposed to be all fuels compatible.
Turns out they were not E85 compatible and left a mess in my filters and lines.
I was out the cost of 3 fuel pumps.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
you're gonna be on the edge. BAP with 60's is only good for around 600 rwhp on pump gas. On e85 its 30% less.

I forget what pulley setup you have on your centri

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
Thank for the input 65fastback2x2. I had a 3.2 pulley on my p1 when I had it now it's time to try the eaton.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks Senkak. I don't have to run e85, but I thought might be able to run it and keep anything bad from happen to my stock block. I am going to upgrade fuel system anyways. Hey Senkak i wouldn't mind taking a ride in your car. Right now I'm building a engine and when I get it done I will be looking at getting a bigger blower and like to see how the vmp 2.3 on e85 feels.

You are welcome to drive my car. :burnout::burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread