Will DEATSCHWERKS DW300 or Aeromotive Stealth 340's fit inplace of Walbro GSS342's

Teej281

Established Member
Well it will work that way, but not vice versa I doubt it. GT pumps will probably burn up hella quick in a return setup just because they are not meant to run 100% all of the time like return pumps are. I wouldnt run a pump in a setup it is not intended for, especially when running high power because it would be just my luck that while I'm pulling hard a pump would go out and i blow a motor.

Jroc

Established Member
Y not? Guys are using GT pumps in their return setups and they are suppose to be a returnless style pump. All the pump is doing, is well pumping... :shrug:

Why would someone do that other than to just use pumps that are a little quieter than the Walbro's?

But no you can not use return style pumps for a returnless system. It seems like this question gets asked a lot, and I'm not sure why it's not a commonly known thing by now.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Well it will work that way, but not vice versa I doubt it. GT pumps will probably burn up hella quick in a return setup just because they are not meant to run 100% all of the time like return pumps are. I wouldnt run a pump in a setup it is not intended for, especially when running high power because it would be just my luck that while I'm pulling hard a pump would go out and i blow a motor.

Actually you CAN run GT pumps in a return system no problem. You CAN'T however run return pumps (like the GSS342) in a returnless system.

I think you got it backwards.

These pumps seem like a great option for people running E85.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
The stealth pumps will fit into the fore hat, the wires in the clips just need to be reversed. My buddy just installed three of these into his fore triple hat when hr decided to swap out the walboro's.

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
The stealth pumps will fit into the fore hat, the wires in the clips just need to be reversed. My buddy just installed three of these into his fore triple hat when hr decided to swap out the walboro's.

So de-pinning the connector wasn't a big deal? Just wanna know if he had any complications when swapping over. :beer:

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
a6890992-7635-989c.jpg

Polarity reversed

a6890992-7652-e831.jpg

Stealth pumps installed into fore s197 triple return hat that previously used gss342's. They are quieter than walboro's and flow more.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
so, switch the wires on the pin connectors and it should good to go? These pumps are another good option for us guys who don't want to run 3 pumps.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
so, switch the wires on the pin connectors and it should good to go? These pumps are another good option for us guys who don't want to run 3 pumps.

Yes sir. I was gonna pick up a pair since I have a Fore dual hat setup for returnless and want to go return down the road. Unfortunately they're on back order.

Part numbers are 11140, 11141 and 11142. They differ in in/outlet configuration. From what my buddy was telling me #11140 would be ideal with it's centered inlet for the fuel socks

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Yes sir. I was gonna pick up a pair since I have a Fore dual hat setup for returnless and want to go return down the road. Unfortunately they're on back order.

Part numbers are 11140, 11141 and 11142. They differ in in/outlet configuration. From what my buddy was telling me #11140 would be ideal with it's centered inlet for the fuel socks
So, for the fore hat dual walbro we will need part # 11142 right?

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Just wanted to throw this out there. The aeromotive pumps are not warrantied for use in e85 and the DW300 is. Plus with more boost 25+ the dw300 holds pressure better than the aeromotive.

Teej281

Established Member

Actually you CAN run GT pumps in a return system no problem. You CAN'T however run return pumps (like the GSS342) in a returnless system.

I think you got it backwards.

These pumps seem like a great option for people running E85.

Read my post again. Said exactly what you just said. GT pumps may work in a return setup, but I wouldnt run them that way. They are meant for a returnless style fuel system. Putting them in a return style system would probably just burn them up quicker for them not being designed to use in this fashion.

And I agree, these pumps look like a great option, just wish they werent at the price that they are. 3 Walbros are cheaper than two of these pumps, but the overall system cost is cheaper. So it may end up being close to a wash depending on what setup you purchase.

And alpha06, you want the 40, not the 42.

EDIT: This is something I just read from Summit...

These Aeromotive 340 Stealth electric fuel pumps feature a compact, lightweight design that will bolt into most existing hanger assemblies. The 340 Stealth electric fuel pumps boast an impressive 340 lph flow at 40 psi. They are ideal for applications requiring more flow, while retaining the factory wiring and mounting provisions available in the OEM configuration. The Aeromotive 340 Stealth electric fuel pumps use a turbine pump mechanism that increases durability and can be used in pulse modulated applications. These pumps use a 3-inlet configuration that covers a wide range of vehicles. They also run reverse polarity, so they require the use of the included wiring harness for proper installation. The fuel pumps also include a 5/16 in. section of rubber hose and hose clamps.

Does the bolded phrase mean that these pumps can be used in a returnless setup?

Also EDIT: It says nowhere on Aeromotives warranty that the Stealth 340 pump is not covered under warranty if used with E85. It does warn that service life may be reduced and filter maintenance required more frequently.

Due to the dialectic qualities of Alcohol based fuels like E85, service life maybe reduced and filter maintenance increased.

Last edited:

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
But... You can and without problem run GT pumps in a return setup. Thats what he is saying.

You cant run walbros in return less because they cant handle all the variable voltage.

Read my post again. Said exactly what you just said. GT pumps may work in a return setup, but I wouldnt run them that way. They are meant for a returnless style fuel system. Putting them in a return style system would probably just burn them up quicker for them not being designed to use in this fashion.

And I agree, these pumps look like a great option, just wish they werent at the price that they are. 3 Walbros are cheaper than two of these pumps, but the overall system cost is cheaper. So it may end up being close to a wash depending on what setup you purchase.

And alpha06, you want the 40, not the 42.

Teej281

Established Member
No duh. I can read and that is exactly what I said. I just foresee them being designed as a return style, variable voltage pump being a problem running them at a constant high voltage because thats not what they were designed to do. But i specifically addressed the "no using of return pumps in a return system" in my first post.

"...but not vice versa I doubt it." The sentence that came from was saying that GT pumps can be used in a return setup, but not running a GSS342 pump in a returnless setup.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
"GT pumps will probably burn up hella quick in a return setup"

Thats what you said and it was wrong. Dont know what to tell ya.:shrug:

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Yeah, sounds like the DW300 is a good pump. I also see that Jay Racing has a new pump out that replaced the GSS342's, from the looks it will outflow the Bosch 044, Areomotive 11140, and the DW300 pump.

Teej281

Established Member
"GT pumps will probably burn up hella quick in a return setup"

Thats what you said and it was wrong. Dont know what to tell ya.:shrug:

So you're telling me that there are no premature wear on a variable voltage pump in a 100% voltage setting? :poke:

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Wow, what kind of power are you all planning to make? I thought the aeromotive pumps would be perfect for me when I upgrade to a Whipple 2.9 on corn with some ID2000's.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
So you're telling me that there are no premature wear on a variable voltage pump in a 100% voltage setting? :poke:

No, theres not

Wow, what kind of power are you all planning to make? I thought the aeromotive pumps would be perfect for me when I upgrade to a Whipple 2.9 on corn with some ID2000's.

Only thing is the aeromotive states that it is not e85 compatible and the warranty is void if you use it. The DW300 is compatible with E85 and has a 3 year warranty.

Teej281

Established Member
Links to all these builds using FGT pumps in return setups. And for how long have they been used and for how many miles?

EDIT: Where at on their warranty statement does Aeromotive say that the Stealth340 pump is not under warranty for use with E85? It states E85 as an fuel that is supported by the pump.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/fuel-pumps/11140-340-stealth-fuel-pump-center-inlet/

Go to install instructions and you'll find the warranty on the last page. Nowhere does it say that the pump is not under warranty while using E85.

Quoted from Aeromotive:
"This Aeromotive Product, with proof of purchase dated on or after January 1, 2003, is warranted to be
free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the original date of
purchase. No warranty claim will be valid without authentic, dated proof of purchase.

This warranty is to the original retail purchaser and none other and is available directly from
Aeromotive and not through any point of distribution or purchase.

If a defect is suspected, the retail purchaser must contact Aeromotive directly to discuss the problem,
possible solutions and obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA), if deemed necessary by the
company. Please call 913-647-7300 and dial option 3 for the technical service dept. All returns must
be shipped freight pre-paid to the company and with valid RGA before they will be processed.

Aeromotive will examine any product returned with the proper authorization to determine if the failure
resulted from a defect or from abuse, improper installation, misapplication or alteration. Aeromotive
will then, at it’s sole discretion, return, repair or replace the product.

If any Aeromotive product is determined defective, buyer’s exclusive remedy is limited in value to the
sale price of the good. In no event shall Aeromotive be liable for incidental or consequential
damages.

Aeromotive expressly retains the right to make changes and improvements in any product it
manufactures and sells at any time. These changes and improvements may be made without notice
at any time and without any obligation to change the catalogs or printed materials.

Aeromotive expressly retains the right to discontinue at any time and without notice any Aeromotive
product that it manufactures or sells.

This warranty is limited and expressly limits any implied warranty to one year from the date of the
original retail purchase on all Aeromotive products.

No person, party or corporate entity other than Aeromotive shall have the right to: determine whether
or not this Limited Warranty is applicable to any Aeromotive product, authorize any action whatsoever
under the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, assume any obligation or liability of any
nature whatsoever on behalf of Aeromotive under the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty.

This Limited Warranty covers only the product itself and not the cost of installation or removal.

This Limited Warranty is in lieu of and expressly excludes any and all other warranties, expressed or
implied. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights
which vary from state to state."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread