Will A Midpipe + CatBack Cobra Beat A BPU Z06?

???

• Yes

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 129 86.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

svtcobra0304

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
it would come close...though I think the Z06 would win.

I'd advise you to not even try though. Your only good chance would be if he miss-shifted somewhere.

BenD

Established Member
How to really embarrass the Z-06 boys

Most don't want to go to this extreme, but I am slowly and methodically in the process.

You can easily beat most all competition with....
a 2.80 upper, Accufab,Bassani Cat Back and a 10" Stack S&B filter plus a real good tune, nothing more........

EXCEPT trim the car weight down to 3200 lbs. I am slowly getting there. I have 377 lbs to go and hopefully will have it accomplished by Spring for the up and coming '05 Season.

I'll be able to knock another 90 lbs off that above figure simply with my two pc brakes and my 17.5 lb SSR Comp C wheels and the MM K-Member that's not installed yet. Already have the coil over system and tubular lower control arms, rear seat delete.

Seats, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber drive shaft and aluminum Koni's front and rear shocks instead of my steel Koni's. Maybe they won't be needed, but those items should enable me to come real close. I was gonig to remove the air, but I was told that it may only make 23 lb difference, if that! However, I haven't ruled it out. I see this as a challenge. Most all the hot exotics, New Z-06, Ferrari's and Porsches' seem to be around the 3200 t0 3300 lb figure...and so will I!

Anyway that's the direction I'm going. It's all about Power to weight ratio!. The new 500 HP Z-06 has a power to weight ratio of 6.33 according to M/T. I am currently at 6.6 P/W Ratio based on my last dyno results. They use crank shaft figures in the magazines when computing P/W Ratio, not RWHP figures. My RWHP is 461, divide that by .85 and the crank HP is 542, maybe not exact, but I think reasonable.

I may further improve my odds with a Stiegemeir port job, if needed. One other note I am adding a Bassani Mid Lgth, X, and Hi Flo cats when RMCR installs the K next month. Those cast factory exhaust manifolds have to be heavier than a tube header, how much I don't know, but some anyway. ANOTHER ACE IN THE HOLE, SO TO SPEAK, I only weigh 130 lbs. It seems Everybody is heavier than me.

I can't believe I just said all that! Lighter cars go around corners quicker, easier on tires and brakes too.

Last edited:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
BenD said:
Most don't want to go to this extreme, but I am slowly and methodically in the process.

You can easily beat most all competition with....
a 2.80 upper, Accufab,Bassani Cat Back and a 10" Stack S&B filter plus a real good tune, nothing more........

EXCEPT trim the car weight down to 3200 lbs. I am slowly getting there. I have 377 lbs to go and hopefully will have it accomplished by Spring for the up and coming '05 Season.

I'll be able to knock another 90 lbs off that above figure simply with my two pc brakes and my 17.5 lb SSR Comp C wheels and the MM K-Member that's not installed yet. Already have the coil over system and tubular lower control arms, rear seat delete.

Seats, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber drive shaft and aluminum Koni's front and rear shocks instead of my steel Koni's. Maybe they won't be needed, but those items should enable me to come real close. I was gonig to remove the air, but I was told that it may only make 23 lb difference, if that! However, I haven't ruled it out. I see this as a challenge. Most all the hot exotics, New Z-06, Ferrari's and Porsches' seem to be around the 3200 t0 3300 lb figure...and so will I!

Anyway that's the direction I'm going. It's all about Power to weight ratio!. The new 500 HP Z-06 has a power to weight ratio of 6.33 according to M/T. I am currently at 6.6 P/W Ratio based on my last dyno results. They use crank shaft figures in the magazines when computing P/W Ratio, not RWHP figures. My RWHP is 461, divide that by .85 and the crank HP is 542, maybe not exact, but I think reasonable.

I may further improve my odds with a Stiegemeir port job, if needed. One other note I am adding a Bassani Mid Lgth, X, and Hi Flo cats when RMCR installs the K next month. Those cast factory exhaust manifolds have to be heavier than a tube header, how much I don't know, but some anyway. ANOTHER ACE IN THE HOLE, SO TO SPEAK, I only weigh 130 lbs. It seems Everybody is heavier than me.

I can't believe I just said all that! Lighter cars go around corners quicker, easier on tires and brakes too.

I can see you mean business! Yes!:pepper: :thumbsup: I'd go with a Whipple/KB, and run 600 to the rear on pump gas. That's my plans if I decide to keep it. If not, I'll get the blower ported (Stiegemier) and wait for the new SVT to arrive. :rolling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread