will a fox body rear sway bar fit out cars??

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
MY car for what ever reason does not have a rear sway bar (i'm guessing it snapped) my friend is giving me the rear sway bar off his notch. Will the fox sway bar work fine? I heard there pretty good.

Last edited:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Steeda and Eibach list all the rear sway bars for 79-04's :shrug:

I just wonder beacuse since we have different axle lengths, dont you think the distance between control arms would be different? but then again all solid axles from 79-04 are the same... hmmmm

Just try and bolt it up I guess... lol

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
I just wonder beacuse since we have different axle lengths, dont you think the distance between control arms would be different? but then again all solid axles from 79-04 are the same... hmmmm

Just try and bolt it up I guess... lol

Axle lengths are diff but the chassis measurements are still the same. The sway bar would bolt up but i dont think it would work as well as maybe a newer GT swaybar would which is designed for a car with a lil more weight than that fox

95riosnake

Established Member
I have an Eibach rear sway bar for a fox on my car, works just fine.

The front sway bars, however, are not interchangeable. They are shaped very differently.

red9450

Established Member
I had my factory rear sway bar crack at the weld like most do, and swapped it for one from my buddy's 89 GT, and it worked fine.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i was about to say the control arm distance is the same, but the axle tubes themselves is longer... making the wider rearend

fourvalvegt

Established Member
79-98 housing are the exact same the difference in axle lengths comes from the disk brakes. 99 - 04 just have longer housings and the control arms bolt into the same exact place. that is why all rear sway bars will work for 79-04 front is a different story though

Users who are viewing this thread