Will a 91 mustang rear fit my 04?

saleencobra

Established Member
A guy is offering a 91 complete rear with uppers lowers and brakes he's also installing 96 5 lug components my question iswhat kind of modifications would need to makethis rearwork On my 04 cobra?

Would adding the96 parts Make it 96 length? I need the 94-98 length because of my TF wheels.

I'm doing everything in my garage so can't really do fab work.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
the actual rearend housing will bolt right into your car.. im just not sure on swapping 96 parts to it? it will be tucked in alot with the 91 rearend.. idk if you can put the 96 axles into the 91 housing? never done it.. but im sure you will get it figured out.

TTblacksunshine

Established Member
You would have to run 1" spacers to get the same width as you have now. I would at least find a sn95 rear but a new edge fits the best. you cant run longer axles in them either. I run a 96 axle with 1/2" spacers and its perfect.

saleencobra

Established Member
I guess he has a 91 rear. and he has 96 5 lug componenets to put into it. I'm just making sure i can utilize it. I will be putting 31 spline axles and diff in it.

just trying to ensure my wheel's with a 6.375 BS will fit.

So when i buy axles and other components i'd need 91 year axles? or the 96 ones??

Users who are viewing this thread