Will a 315/35/17 fit on a 9" rim?

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
With a nitto, no. With the others, I believe so as it is really really close. The nitto isn't a true 315...either that, or the rest on the market are bigger than 315 because the nittos are nearly an inch narrower than say BFG 315's

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
if you can swap your back tires to the front with no problems, your back tires are too damn small.

No crap, I don't think 275 nitto's look right at all. I want the back tires to definately and obviously be wider than the fronts when looking at them. I don't mind trying a 305. Travis, maybe you can let me know what other sizes are available. On the website, there was nothing else available but 275's or 315's. Anything in between?

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ok a little facts from both Nitto and BFG. Nitto 315 555R are 12.13" wide BFG Drags are 12.4" wide. That's less than 1/3" difference according to the manufacture’s information. Again, Neither tire is built for a 9" wheel.

As for other size suggestions unfortunately there aren't any in drags. The 305's are a 305.35.18". 275.40.17 and 315.35.17 are it for 17's. If you are looking for Drags, Adgar makes a good point. Get the most out of your tires, to pick up a pair of wider wheels to optimize your rear grip. You will burn through the drags if you aim to use them for what they are built, you will burn them up even faster on the wrong wheel. We are having a special right now, I haven't looked but I believe if you can put together 2 wheels and 2 tires you will still get the $50.00 off. I am pretty sure it is being offered on 4 units. (excluding hardware units) We'll mount and balance them for you for Free and we'll ship them Free too. If you don't see the size wheels you want on the site call us we might be able to order them for you.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
They fit..But not well at all...
But they look like donkey nuts..

Plus, you wouldnt want to take really hard turns with them..

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This issue comes up with the Jeep guys all the time, they like running 35x12.50.17's on their 17x8.5, and 17x9's. It's madness I tell you, Madness!!!! Talk about body roll.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The 275's would fit the best. Some people really like the Nitto’s regardless of them being a hair narrow. I highly recommend BFG G-force sports. They are an excellent tire.

Users who are viewing this thread