Will 99 tail lights fit 03

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I ordered some tail lights and the ones the guy sent have three holes vs. mine having two. I was wondering if I can make these fit since according to his auction they fit 99-03 Lightnings. I got the drivers side on but I can't get the bulb in the bottom hole on the passenger's side. I hate to return them because it took the slow guy 2 weeks to get them to me.

TXRickC

Established Member
The '97-'99 Flareside Tail Lamps will 'fit' all '00-'04 (heritage) Flareside/CrewCab F150's BUT they do have a 3-bulb setup vs. 2 on '00-'04s. So you can get 2 additional bulb plugs and splice them in with the other tail light bulb or send them back and find some '00-'04 tails.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I intend to keep them for later on if I ever put the truck back to original. Besides the screw holes on them started to split and crack so I had to super glue them. The only reason I bought these was because my attempt to tint them turned out like a$$. I've already wasted $75 on tint and $115 on lights that won't fit. If I could get the bulb in the bottom hole I would just add the 2 extra bulbs but the thing won't go.

i8urchvy

Established Member
If you need them I have some 00 lights, they are the red style but only have 2 bulbs. I installed them on my 01 with no problems but have since switched back to the clear lights.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Thanks, against my better judgement I took a pocket knife and made the notch a little bigger on it and the bulb went in. I've got some heavy duty adhesive tape over the middle hole until I can get some pigtails off of an older model and splice them in. Thanks for the help guys. You all were more help than the seller, he still hasn't emailed me back.

Users who are viewing this thread