Will 60lbs injectors help me?

bad02svt

Established Member
I HAVE AN 02 FORD LIGHTNING,BEEN LOOKING AROUND THE WEB AND SEE THAT A COUPLE OF PEOPLE ARE RUNNING THESE WITH A SIMILAR SET UP AS MINE. WILL IT HELP ME?
MY MODS ARE STAGE 4 PORTED BLOWER STOCK PORTED TB AND PLENUM,CAI,LONGTUBES,E FANS,2.80 UPPER,4 LBS LOWER TUNED BY AMAZON EMAIL TUNES
THANX IN ADVANCE!
SEEN A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE OF A TRUCK WITH JUST 60 LBS INJECTORS 15LBS PORTED BLOWER AND TUNE DYNO 459 RWHP
Ed Kramers's 459 RWHP 551 RWTQ 2002 5.4 Supercharged Ford Lightning Truck - YouTube

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Stock fuel system is good until plan to move to a twin screw or running a healthy shot of nitrous. The 42's are good upto and then some to the 450 range..
However, if your question is if "you change to 60's will you net more power?" I don't think so.... This may be a question you pm. Lynn/Amazon on because you would need to be retuned..

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Lets put it like this a Terminator uses 39 lb injectors stock, and I made 490 whp with them working just fine, and Terminators seem to require bigger fuel upgrades then L's in most case. For example where most Terminator owners would want to upgrade to 80's a L owner tends to do fine with 60's. Same with fuel lines. A L's OEM lines will safely support more power than a Terminators OEM lines. I'm talking HP for HP of course. IDK why this is other than a L uses a return style system compared to a returnless system in the Cobra. Maybe because the Cobras 4v turns more RPM's? Again IDK why.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Ususlly and it's both for Cobra's or L's, but it's the MAF, pumps, and then injectors. That's the order of what most peg out first. I know for my Cobra it was the MAF but I still run the stock pumps and injectors and it was making 463rwhp on a MD, 510rwhp on a 50 shot.
For the L it was the same but it needed the MAF and pumps with me making 450rwhp but the injectors are fine.
Most need the 60's at the 500rwhp or more. Just depends since all cars react different. Also tuners can make your 39's act like 40's or your 42's act like 44's. Just have to increase the injector pulse width. But that can only work to a point. If your making that power though, you would already have needed a MAF or MAFia and pump upgrades but not injectors. Also Rick would have told you that something was pegging too.

Users who are viewing this thread