Will 6 piston Brembos fit 4 piston prembo setup?

Lemonth

Established Member
If you're talking about swapping the front calipers from 4 piston to the S550 6 piston, they bolt right up. You'll need new rotors, as it's 15" compared to the 14" 4 piston. The 13-14 GT500 rotors fit. You'll also need new brake lines.

MOTORCITYBADBOY

Established Member
If you're talking about swapping the front calipers from 4 piston to the S550 6 piston, they bolt right up. You'll need new rotors, as it's 15" compared to the 14" 4 piston. The 13-14 GT500 rotors fit. You'll also need new brake lines.

Was hoping to not have to go with new rotors, but it is what it is. Think I'll just upgrade the pads and rotors- not going to do any serious racing, but may go a few laps just for fun at VIR...

Lemonth

Established Member
Was hoping to not have to go with new rotors, but it is what it is. Think I'll just upgrade the pads and rotors- not going to do any serious racing, but may go a few laps just for fun at VIR...

I personally used the stock pads that came with my 6-piston calipers and got rotors fom Rockauto. They cost $229.56 after shipping. Rotors were $91.79 each.

More Information for MOTORCRAFT BRRF218

noldevin

Established Member
You don't need 6 pistons for that anyway.
4 pistons and good track pads are all you need. Then maybe add cooling ducts if they still get too hot.
The 6 pistons are a ton of added weight.

Users who are viewing this thread