Will 20" Stock 2013-14 Rear Wheel Fit on Front?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I know this has been discussed before, but I don't remember anyone actually doing it on a 2013-14. I know that without a spacer it won't work. If anyone has installed one on the front of a 2013-14, what size spacer did you use and did you have any problems with fender lip clearance. Did the spacer require longer wheel studs?
Thanks for any help.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Snoopy, I've only read about one individual doing this with 11-12 SVTPP wheel and the earlier brembo caliper. He reported he used a 3/8" spacer. Because of the 6mm of offset difference, it could have had more to do with wheel placement than caliper clearance. It seems excessive for clearance. I've got my front wheels off the car at the moment and I'm running 13-14 brakes. I have a few spacers as well. I'll see what it takes to fit mount up the rear wheel. Granted I only have the 11-12 SVTPP wheels, but I can't imagine they're all that different from the 13-14.

From my experience with spacers and wheel studs, I'd personally run longer studs with a spacer over 1/4".

Snoopy49

Established Member
Here are the offsets for the 2012 SVTPP wheels. I still have to locate the offsets for the 2013-14 wheels. I will post those when I find them.

2012 SVTPP Front: 9.50 +44mm offset
2012 SVTPP Rear: 9.50 +50mm offset

I just confirmed that the 2013-14 GT500 wheels have the same offsets as the 2012 GT500.

2013-14 SVTPP Front: 9.50 +44mm offset
2013-14 SVTPP Rear: 9.50 +50mm offset

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
John,
If I have this figured out correctly, I would need to add a 6mm or 1/4" spacer in order to get the same offset as the stock front wheel. Is that correct?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I know from personal experience that without a spacer, the wheel will contact the caliper and lock up the wheel when you start to tighten the lug nuts.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
John,
If I have this figured out correctly, I would need to add a 6mm or 1/4" spacer in order to get the same offset as the stock front wheel. Is that correct?
Right. Just based on offsets I've seen used on the front, you have room for a smaller offset, if you needed it.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Thanks for the help. I figured that a 3/16" spacer would be a good compromise, thick enough to provide the needed clearance without having to install longer wheel studs.
I was asking this question for a friend who likes the 20" wheels and wanted the ability to rotate his tires.

It looks like 19" stock wheels would work on the rear and would allow a wider wheel if widened.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I know from personal experience that without a spacer, the wheel will contact the caliper and lock up the wheel when you start to tighten the lug nuts.

Or lock up when trying to back off the ramps.... ask me how I know.

Luckily.... they didn't scratch the brembos tooooooo bad. Regrettable for sure.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah buddy, I've been rocking stock 20s all around (widened rears) for 2 years. I used billet hubcentric 5/8" spacers front and rear for a perfect fit to me but 3/8" should work.
I did use the FRPP front hubs with pre-installed ARP studs and rear 3" studs, I love the look and fit.
Rears are 11" with 275/35/20 NT05 front and 315/35/20 NT05R rear, no issues.
If looking for squared, might be easier to do 19" all around, but honestly staggering is best way for much needed rear traction.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread