Will 18x10.5" wheels fit on 01 cobra IRS

Cobie03

Established Member
Is anyone running 18x10.5" wheels on the rears. If so are there any fitting issues. I plan on getting some new shoes for the spring and before I spend my money I want to know if they will fit ok? Also the fronts are 18x9". I plan on going with 275/40 up front and 295/40 in the rear. Thank you for all of your replies and help? :beer:

DSCobra01

Established Member
There are a few threads in the Terminator forum that you might want to check out. I'm thinking that at the very least you may want to consider a buttonhead IRS bolt, but I'm not sure if this applies the the 18's as it does for the 17's. I was thinking of going with AFS 17's but now, I too think I am leaning towards the 18's. The ebay auction prices on these are incredible.

By the way, what brand of tire are you going with?

Cobie03

Established Member
Originally posted by DSCobra01
There are a few threads in the Terminator forum that you might want to check out. I'm thinking that at the very least you may want to consider a buttonhead IRS bolt, but I'm not sure if this applies the the 18's as it does for the 17's. I was thinking of going with AFS 17's but now, I too think I am leaning towards the 18's. The ebay auction prices on these are incredible.

By the way, what brand of tire are you going with?

Thanks for the reply DSCobra01, I plan on going with the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3.

DSCobra01

Established Member
I've been talking to someone that has done this with the Kuhmo Ecsta MX's and said that they work fine. I think once you start getting larger than a 295 in the rear, that is when you begin to have clearance issues with the IRS bolt. Atleast with the Kuhmo 295/35/18's you should be ok. Like I said I'm not totally sure but I'll keep you posted as I am probably doing the same exact thing. Later :beer:

MineralGSVT

Established Member
265/35/18 on 18x9, 285/35/18 on 18x10.5..

No issues at all..

cobra4.jpg

KingSnakePro

Established Member
Originally posted by 01cobra2020
I've had absolutely no problems at all, see my sig for my rims/tires. Don't worry about it, they'll work just fine ;-)
Do you have any pics of your set up (tires)? I would like to see the 17's w/18's out back.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
01cobra2020:
Nice pics man. I love the look of the DRs. I've been debating a set for my AFS 18s.
I only have one suggestion: lowering springs!
My car had your ride height on the 18s for about a week and I couldn't stand it. I went with Eibachs (half-coil cut from fronts) and '03 shocks/struts. HUGE improvement in looks and handling.
Later, James

Users who are viewing this thread