WiFi extender - How do I get wifi out to my pool?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
So my pool is about 160 ft from my house. I am looking for a simple way to get WiFi so I can stream music from my phone ( not sure if possible ) or a PC to a blue tooth compatible sound system.

I know there are the antenna's that I can purchase, but those seem to be USB based and only work with PC's. What are my options for my phone?

How do get the signal extended so my iPhone can pick it up??

Thanks in advance

Blown 89

Established Member
Get a powerline wifi extender and stick it on a socket outside, that should reach 55yds easy. Or you could look into an outside extender from Ubiquiti for <$100

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Does your ISP (internet service provider) offer Wi-Fi hot spots that you could pick up from the pool?
Our ISP offers them all over the city, so you might have one nearby and they are usually included with subscription.

Also, do you have any shelters near the pool with a power supply?
Furnace room, chemical shed, change room, etc.?
I was thinking you could run a buried ethernet cable from main home to that shelter, and then setup a WAP (wireless access point) to broadcast for the pool area.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Also, do you have any shelters near the pool with a power supply?
Furnace room, chemical shed, change room, etc.?
I was thinking you could run a buried ethernet cable from main home to that shelter, and then setup a WAP (wireless access point) to broadcast for the pool area.

yes the pool house has electricity with a fridge and ceiling fan. I wonder if Verizon would run that cable for me? I suppose I'd have to put it inside a PVC pipe and bury it.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Last edited:

colin450

Established Member
It's not exactly what you're looking for but Bose makes some really nice bluetooth speakers if the wifi thing doesn't work out. I got one that was about $300 that I use when I'm out by the pool.

Users who are viewing this thread