Wife's New Daily

04 MysticMan

2nd Terminator, 5th Cobra
Established Member
Well, I was pretty impressed with the handling and the sporty feel for a midsized SUV. It is responsive and quick for what she needs. And got all the little gadgets that you can think of. I like it so far.

Edge1.jpg
Edge2.jpg
Edge3.jpg
Edge4.jpg
Edge6.jpg
Edge5.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Bought my wife identical one about 4 months ago.
Fun to drive, especially in SPORT mode!

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Nice ride that Edge ST. Would like one for a DD driver also. I need to get down to Williamsburg soon to see my cousin who just moved there. Nice area.

04 MysticMan

2nd Terminator, 5th Cobra
Established Member
Yea we looked at both. Decided on the Edge as we dont have a bunch of kids, currently pregnant with our first, and of course the price difference. I was impressed how fast the boost comes on from the turbos. And the 8 speed is very responsive, especially in Sport Mode.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That 8-speed is the most welcome change in the 2020 Edge IMO. I owned a '16 Edge Sport. Tranny was a real slush box. The new one with the 8-speed is leaps and bounds better. Makes the Edge feel quicker on the road.

I know your wife is going to love her Edge ST. I almost bought one last year, but I ended up with something else that wowed me. I like the wheels that come with the ST. I had a similar wheel on my Sport. Still have them actually. Hopefully not for long.

If you're interested in a bit more performance worthy of the ST badge, give Livernois a call. Their tuner adds about 50hp. I used one on my Sport. The performance increase was like going into Sport mode on steroids. LOL.

Enjoy it. I mean, I hope your wife enjoys it.
upload_2020-3-3_19-48-54.png

RES0574

Established Member
Yea we looked at both. Decided on the Edge as we dont have a bunch of kids, currently pregnant with our first, and of course the price difference. I was impressed how fast the boost comes on from the turbos. And the 8 speed is very responsive, especially in Sport Mode.
Did you celebrate at Pierce's afterwards?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Are they still slower than the older sport?
*Edit, slower than a 15 Sport on premium gas per MT.

Like the looks, the 8 speed and the interior is nice. Ford just dropped the ball with the ST badge and the resulting performance. Didn't have to be a trackhawk, but at least give it a nice nudge over the older sport for 0-60/QM.

marc@kentucky

Established Member
+1 on the Livernois tune- I drive an ST for my work vehicle and the Livernois 93 octane tune made a world of difference! I also used their tunes for previous SHOs and they have it down, great customer service as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are they still slower than the older sport?
*Edit, slower than a 15 Sport on premium gas per MT.

Like the looks, the 8 speed and the interior is nice. Ford just dropped the ball with the ST badge and the resulting performance. Didn't have to be a trackhawk, but at least give it a nice nudge over the older sport for 0-60/QM.
I don't believe that the new Edge ST is slower than the last gen Sport. I owned a 2016 Sport and test drove a 2019 Edge ST. The ST felt peppier, in part due to the improved transmission. Shifter were more crisp. I would say based on my own experience with both that performance wise they're about the same. Some say the ST is a bit quicker.

Yes, Ford didn't give us more power with the ST. But that can be quickly rectified with a Livernois tune for an additional 50hp+- and more torque. If I owned a 2020 Edge ST there is NO way that I wouldn't get that tune. IMO it's a must.
upload_2020-3-6_19-38-17.png

Last edited:

BossMP

Established Member
Well, I was pretty impressed with the handling and the sporty feel for a midsized SUV. It is responsive and quick for what she needs. And got all the little gadgets that you can think of. I like it so far.

View attachment 1626385 View attachment 1626387 View attachment 1626388 View attachment 1626389 View attachment 1626390 View attachment 1626391
Make sure you take advantage of the ST Experience driving school in Park City, Utah. My wife bought an ST last year and we did the ST Experience and had a blast. Did Raptor Assault after I bought my 18 Raptor and loved it too. Ford does a great job on these programs and it's a cool perk for buying within the Ford Performance lineup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
The 2.7 EB is no joke. Plenty of turbo TQ while still being rev happy. Congrats.
The Fusion Sport is a pretty decent deal right now if you don’t need an SUV. The 6 speed auto isn’t terribly quick, but the set points and shift speed can be tuned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread