Wife's Car Vs 05-10 GT 20-110

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Taking the wife out for dinner last night we decided to take her car so it could fill it up with gas while we were out. We usually take my 2013 F150 everywhere.

Glad we drove hers on this outing! She has a 2010 Mercedes E550 coupe. It's all stock with about 40k on the clock.

Finished gassing it up and pulled out of the station when a white 3V GT with a sweet sounding exhaust flys by.

We both caught the next light and were both turning into the interstate (long two lane ramp) so when the light turned we both took off the ramp starts with a bit of a curve so once we were both pointing straight we were side by side doing around 20mph.

He kicks down first and I immediately follow suit. His car sounded great, I believe it was an auto from the best I could tell. Up to about 45 he has 1/2 a car on me. Past 45 I slowly start pulling on him and then pass him by 70. We shutdown @ 110 and I was a full car ahead of him.

He wouldn't even acknowledge me afterwards but I could tell he was riding solo. I gave him a thumbs up and went on about my way. Had a killer steak afterwards.... A good evening!

Last edited:

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Road and Track got 13.1 at 108mph for the 2010 E550 and 4.6 0-60mph...It's a 382hp car with silky transmission...Definitely should kill a 4.6 GT...

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Road and Track got 13.1 at 108mph for the 2010 E550 and 4.6 0-60mph...It's a 382hp car with silky transmission...Definitely should kill a 4.6 GT...

Apparently the driver didn't think so? But yes the E550 is a quick car for what it is. A 2011+ 5.0 with any mods would have been a different story for sure.

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Yes a new 5.0 would beat it badly...Talking 600lbs lighter and more power.

I'd like to take it to the track before we trade it in. I have a friend with a bone stock A6 5.0 I do believe it would be a very close race stock for stock depending on what gears he has (not sure)

I love my 5.0 F150 and can't wait to get a tune for it.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
Nice kill, and sweet Benz. I'm willing to bet he won't post how he was "killed" on any message boards. I like reading both wins and losses, but unfortunately we don't see many of the later.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Nice kill, and sweet Benz. I'm willing to bet he won't post how he was "killed" on any message boards. I like reading both wins and losses, but unfortunately we don't see many of the later.

.... because Mustang :poke:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I'd like to take it to the track before we trade it in. I have a friend with a bone stock A6 5.0 I do believe it would be a very close race stock for stock depending on what gears he has (not sure)

I love my 5.0 F150 and can't wait to get a tune for it.
Sweet car! I beat one pretty bad with exhaust with my 335i, sounded great though! Its rare hearing a V8 growl from a luxury car and when you do, it leaves you speechless. Sad to say though, the 5.0 would put a pretty nice beating on it even if its auto. Still, its a strong car for what it is.

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Sweet car! I beat one pretty bad with exhaust with my 335i, sounded great though! Its rare hearing a V8 growl from a luxury car and when you do, it leaves you speechless. Sad to say though, the 5.0 would put a pretty nice beating on it even if its auto. Still, its a strong car for what it is.

Thanks man, yea it's a lot of fun to take on weekend trips. Very smooth cruiser on the interstate. 335i can be a real a$$ hauler, I took a ride in one with a tune and Dinan CAI and was VERY impressed.

We're looking at trading this one off in the for either a CLA45 or a 4 series.

I've been away from this forum for a while now but used to be into the 99/01 Cobras.... What kind of times are stock auto 5.0s running!? I know a lot of tests I see are 13.2s but of course real world is a different story. Are they breaking into the 12s stock?

Users who are viewing this thread