Wife says I can get a gt350r. What are 2001 cobras going for realistically?

scottandkristy2

Really considering the R. Have 2001 cobra with 26000 original miles. Had for 15 years now. Bought with 3k on it. Koni adjustables slpII loudmouth cat back and mgw shifter. Any ideas as to what I could realistically get for it ? Thanks for any insight...

Last edited:

FIREBALL

Established Member
Depends on condition, if original paint and near showroom cond., ---maybe 15k, plus or minus 1k, but that will go down hill quick if there are issues with originality or flaws. Probably will vary a little depending on what area of the country you are. I see many low mile cobras on the internet with the seller asking for a lot, but what they ask for and what they can get are two different things.

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
I agree if the car is in immaculate condition you could get $15k but I'd advertise it higher of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VLONE

Established Member
350R eats an '18 GT on the track all day. Just because the power potential of the '18 is high does not mean it is a better car than the 350R

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Its a better car. Faster down the 1/4 mile especially the auto. GT350 for circle track and even then the performance package GT is close for way less money. For a street car it isn't even a fair fight, the 2018 is just better.

VLONE

Established Member
To each his own I guess, personally I'd rather have the snake, especially when talking about an R. Both are definitely fantastic, and the '18GT is extremely impressive with a high power potential :D

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I'd say wait for the GT500 with the 10 speed ubertrans but... tbth when you can take a stock 2018 GT auto, install longtubes, slap on some slicks and tune it and then run 10s... why wait? You don't need to go any faster on a street car and that's a $35k car for a base GT auto vs... what double that for a 350 and probably triple for a GT500?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What's the car going to be used for though? Not everyone wants to go fast in a straight line. Some like to turn. That's why my buddies dad picked up a GT350. He loves the car.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Agreed. To each their own. But the PP 2018+ GT goes around corners great too, not quite as good but also like 1/2-2/3 the price of the 350. I mean if someone wants a 350 then they should get a 350. Just as long as they are aware of how good the alternative is and actually weigh the cost/benefit. Then again, some ppl have money to burn...

boduke0220

Established Member
GT350R is the sexiest mustang ever made. 18 GT isn't bad looking but its kinda like that hot girl with a big nose.

also an FPC 5.2 will hold 900-1000 all day which seems to be about what a Gen 3 coyote will hold.

Users who are viewing this thread