Widest front tire on stock struts?

kodexkustoms

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm tired of getting bent over for 19" wheels and I'm looking to really upgrade to a better tire. So 18's it is.

Right now I have 275/35/19 NT05's on 9.5" nurburgrings all the way around, and they weigh like 44 pounds a piece (if I remember right) so it's a fairly light combo.

I'm wanting to go with a 18" wheel next tire change and going as wide as I can fit but I have stock struts with BMR springs and I'm a little worried about clearance until I can get coilovers.

How wide can I go? and who has the lightest wheel that fits our cars worth a damn?

Thanks
Kody

EDIT: I meant 44 pounds per corner.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
18x10 302r wheels are the strongest/lightest I have found.
You can fit a 295 up front (depending on section width) but I had to cut and grind down the end link bolt.
My wet set are on 18x10.5 with a 295 (wider section width than my slicks) and I need a .5 spacer for those.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
I just bought a set of Forgestar 18x10's with 285/35's. Based on my research online, I shouldn't have any problems with the stock suspension, because i dont really want to grind down anything lol.

Another thing to pay attention to is the offset of the wheels. I went with the Fogestar F14's, which have a +42 offset (i think the 302S BBS are +42 as well). I'm going to try to test fit them this afternoon, if i dont get too lazy lol.

I've spoken with blowfish racing, and he mentioned with +45 offset wheels and 285/35 tires, there's a risk of rubbing against the endlink bolts, which i think is the first problem you may encounter before hitting the shocks.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
Yeah I think when I get the motivation I'm either gonna replace my front sway bar with whiteline's adjustable one or cut my stock stud.

65sohc

Established Member
FYI the Boss Track Attack cars use the 19x10 Laguna Seca wheels and 285/35 BFG g-Force Sport Comp 2 tires front and rear.

Users who are viewing this thread