Wideband users come inside

Stalker27

Established Member
Alright so my bday is comming up & the gf asked what i wanted so i said the AEM Uego. Goin to install it myself but i wanted to ask you guys that have already installed yourself or had a shop do it for you where some of the wires go. This applies to everyone that has a wideband & not just the AEM

I know it comes with a black, red, grey, & blue wires

Black wire: I'm guessing the black wire goes to the negative battery terminal?

Red wire: Goes to the ignition but which wire are you guys splicing into?

Grey wire: for datalogging which i prob wont hook up

Blue wires: Misc wires ill prob just tape together

Any of you guys have any pointers or possibly pics of how you guys have yours routed? Or any kind of tips?

Ill be using the driver side 02 bung for the sensor as my 02's are turned off. Probably route the cable up along the trans & up through the shifter.

I'm also getting the gauge pod that mounts onto the steering colum & putting the guage there. Any advice on hiding the wires? Asking all these so the install goes fairly smooth. Thanx in advance

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly wouldn't recommend that wb, I had it and it didn't work well. Maybe I just needed a new sensor, but I wasn't going to drop 75 bucks on a new sensor hoping it worked. Many other great brands out there imo. I personally have a aeroforce wb with there gauge, truly awsome.

EDIT: For roughly an extra 100 bucks more than the AEM you can get one of the best gauges for our cars Aeroforce interceptor. And when money permits you can buy there wideband, which includes a controller and easy to install.

Last edited:

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
yeah man i ran my cable through the shifter also, but i heard those o2 sensor locations will not give you an accurate reading, if you are talking about the rear o2's. and i used a add a fuse link. and when you use that steering pod the wires go perfectly under the dash. i dont remember which fuse i taped into on my 99 Cobra but i think it was radio? i forget but i havent installed the gauge in my 03 yet im waiting to get a bung welded up.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
I honestly wouldn't recommend that wb, I had it and it didn't work well. Maybe I just needed a new sensor, but I wasn't going to drop 75 bucks on a new sensor hoping it worked. Many other great brands out there imo. I personally have a aeroforce wb with there gauge, truly awsome.

EDIT: For roughly an extra 100 bucks more than the AEM you can get one of the best gauges for our cars Aeroforce interceptor. And when money permits you can buy there wideband, which includes a controller and easy to install.

yeah man the interceptor is a must have, but i dont have the wideband add on for it.

Stalker27

Established Member

Yeah i know, That gauge is simply bad ass but i'm tight on funds. I'm lucky to even be getting this for bday honestly. Only reason i found some good deals on ebay

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah i know, That gauge is simply bad ass but i'm tight on funds. I'm lucky to even be getting this for bday honestly. Only reason i found some good deals on ebay

If thats the case a WB is better than NOT having one! It's really not bad to install, read through the instruction a few times for sure. Use the link below for a reference on what fuses to tap into, hope that helps.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/591729-lc1-wide-band-gauge-install-tips-w-pics.html

Stalker27

Established Member
My aem came in yesterday. Went to autozone & got an add a fuse and going to plug into fuse #1 the cigar lighter. Now next question. Where would you put your ground? Battery, clean ground inside the car, or could a terminal strip from radioshack be used as a ground? Not familiar with wiring so go easy lol

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
series2028.jpg

:beer:

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
may wait until we do the exhaust, so that way i can just hook in the o2 then. i figure it works best that way probably. yeah we need 2 for sure!

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
^^ yeah dude those are sick. i love that gauge pod setup! where did you pick that up at?

Stalker27

Established Member
^^^ Man I agree but I'm low on funds. I will eventually get two of those that both read two parameters. Sweet set up you got for sure

Users who are viewing this thread