Wideband question

2k3Mach

Established Member
I've had an innovate lc-1 in my car since last summer... recently, once I get around 3500-4000 RPM or higher the gauge goes way up and quits reading. Anyone had this happen? Is the O2 sensor on it going bad or is it not getting good enough ground? Like I said, it just started happening. On second note, within the past month I also direct wired my radar detector to the same ground, but it seems to work fine without shutting off so if I don't have to move would prefer not to!

How long do/should the wideband o2 sensors last? Is it because the air moving too fast it can't get accurate reading by semi-bad sensor? The gauge reads very accurate (I believe) up to mid-rpm rang then fails out..

FYI - The o2 is in the rear stock location on a prochamber or midpipe on a 2003 Mach 1 and the car doesn't seem to respond any different at the higher rpm range

Sent from INDIANA - Home of 236,745,944 highway construction barrels...

Last edited:

2k3Mach

Established Member
I believe it is my O2 sensor going out... Started going up today at just cruising speed but would pop back down, then go back up for a bit.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Your sensor should be right next to your forward most sensor, not installed in the rear sensor location. You can test to see if the sensor is going bad.
[youtube_browser]1mb4VmDd0ao[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread