why turbo?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I laugh everytime someone says the 'fun factor' is gone once you go with an auto.

Like everyone above has already said, go for a ride and you'll wonder why you waited so long.

I actually went from a manual vb to a fully auto valve body and bauminator controller. I've found this way you can have the best of both worlds. You can either let it shift on it's own, or with the right program shift as you please.

Either way, you can't go wrong........

Exactly what Im saying! All these people that say the fun factor is gone with an auto, or down talks turbos heard it from someone on the internet who has never driven one, who heard it from someone else on the internet who has never driven one, who heard it from someone else who heard it from someone else over a text message that doesnt even own a car. Its sad, I love it how people can comment on things that they dont have experience with. I love the internet!

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
lol i have heard that comment before also, people just dont know until they drive or ride in one with a man valve body, I LOVE mine and wouldnt go back. I havent got to use it with my turbo kit yet but im sure its going to be fun

jcveron

Established Member
I have seen juiced46 latest video. And yes i have ridden in an auto car with a mvb. I have not driven one myself but have ridden. The car was very fast, but i just prefer a true manual vehicle. I am not saying anything against an auto, if i was creating a true drag car that would be the only way to go. But its just a street toy. Just my opionion tho. Lol

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
i went from a manual to an auto in a turbo car and hated it. i spent big mney on a conversion and the car just was not fun anymore. i just prefer banging gears.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I had a manual VB Lentech in my TT fox making between 5-600 hp and it def was not as fun as the 5 speed. That's why I have stayed 6 speed in my TT Cobra, but the frustration of trying to drag race a TT stick car is starting to outweigh the boredom of an auto. I only go to the track 8-10 times a year with my car, so I am really on the fence about the tranny right now.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
either setup can yield great power and drive-ability, I like turbo's for the control of boos levels from behind the drivers seat as well as being able to run the least amount of strain/boost on the motor to achieve the power. The kits that I have a harder time understanding are compound kits. Mechanically I get whats going on, but as far as stress is concerned, I feel clueless as to why you'd wanna send 42lbs of manifold pressure into your engine to make 1100whp when you could make the same power with 24lbs of twin 67mm furry. Anyways, kb/whipple's are great if you want an easy build with great power, and turbo's are great if you want more adjustability and something more so unique and maximized. Either setup is badass though

Users who are viewing this thread