why so much blow by (pics)

syclone50

Established Member
I have tried several different setups and still cant get this under control. I have a single hellion setup on my 03 and just switched to blowthru.

I have ran breathers on both sides

An oil seperator inline with the hose that runs back into the hellion pipe before the turbo

i know am running a breather tank with both valve covers running into it. It has a small breather filter on top that is completly oil soaked. I took a small road trip this weekend and came back to oil all over passenger side engine bay.

why is it that some people can just run breahers and NOt get any oil misting?

My motor is stock?

The pics dont show the misting too much but it is everywhere.:shrug:

dscn1083b.jpg

dscn1082v.jpg

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Hmmm sounds like oil could be blowing by a ring if you are not putting boost into the crank case. I had that problem but I found out the PCV check valve wasn't blocking the boost from going into the crank case and it was blowing oil out of the passenger side breather. I put a breather on both sides and blocked off the line coming out of the intake and everthing was fine. It did damage my oil pan gasket though. I'm going to have to change that soon. Take your plugs out and see if any of them are wet from oil blow by. If it is you might have a ring problem.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
sounds like something is wrong with the motor. Most likely the ringland and rings on one or more pistons are messed up. Do a leak down test.

Steve2050

Established Member
I had a similar situation with my race motor. Your motor is probably not sealing and oil is getting past the rings. I tried to change the vacuum pump/ drain backs/ larger catch can and bigger breathers and nothing worked. How much vacuum is the engine producing at idle and at boost? I tore mine apart and it needed rings.

Users who are viewing this thread