why no cobra in the grill?

03cobra_fan

Established Member
I'm patiently waiting on my black '03 cobra ordered early July and was wondering why the '03 cobras do not have a cobra emblem in the grill??? I think the cobra emblem in the grill looks awesome, what gives???

Smrgol

Well, because it's a Mustang. That's been a debate since about '93. There are some who think that every horse should be a snake, there are some who believe that there are not enough horses. SVT is somewhere in between. The snakes are badges to indicate trim/performance options. The horse indicates the car underneath. Be glad it's not corraled like the GTs ;).

anteros511

Established Member
Originally posted by KingKobra

Funny! :lol:

I hear that you can order the cobra piece for the grill directly from the dealer, right?

You probably can but, they might charge way over the $28 bucks I paid elsewhere.

ZXnVS

Established Member
If you have no luck at eBay, you can get them brand new from Kar Kraft (www.karkraft.com) or many other places. Some I've seen aren't exact duplicates of the side emblems, but the one Kar Kraft sells is.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
aren't some cobra emblems bigger than the side one? I thought some people were complaining about how small it looked. I thought the one people put in the grill was bigger than the sides?

ZXnVS

Established Member
Nope, same size. That's why some people complain it's too small.

I like it, personally. You've got this vast expanse of black with a wicked Cobra sitting in the middle. You've heard the expression that people will ignore a shout but strain to hear a whisper? It's kind of like that. I see people leaning forward trying to see what's in my grille, because their brain is telling them it's a Mustang, but they know that isn't a pony in the grille.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by ZXnVS

I like it, personally. You've got this vast expanse of black with a wicked Cobra sitting in the middle. You've heard the expression that people will ignore a shout but strain to hear a whisper? It's kind of like that. I see people leaning forward trying to see what's in my grille, because their brain is telling them it's a Mustang, but they know that isn't a pony in the grille.

:thumbsup: I could not have said it better myself.

Users who are viewing this thread