Why is this section so quiet?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I thought there would be a lot more enthusiasm and energy about the new raptor. What's wrong?

Is it the price and adms? My dealer has four allocations but still wants $5k over sticker. Duuh.
The engine?
The lack of trucks available?
What happened?
Seems like the last generation was a bigger hit?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I think the Gen2 is getting a shit ton of attention. Just not on this forum. There has never really been a whole lot of Raptor traffic here. Despite being on FRF SVTP is my home. So I'll post in both places.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Exactly, the dedicated raptor forums are very busy. Here is much more mustang focused. Same holds true for the FGT section.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
This is the only forum I really talk on. I browse FRF but I don't ever even log in. Too many douche bags on that site for my liking.

But all the other stuff plays a part. They're not exactly cheap trucks and they're brand spanking new to boot, so not too many people have them yet.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I haven't fallen in love with it enough to post any positive feedback.
There is definitely a noticeable difference in the horsepower, and you can really feel it, HOWEVER.....
I find myself missing the 14 rather frequently.
Dont get me wrong, its a great truck, but Im still debating if I will keep it long.
It feels pretty cheesy when I accelerate, and the exhaust sounds like a modified STI.
Time will tell. I only hit 1000 miles yesterday on it after 5 weeks of ownership.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
It feels pretty cheesy when I accelerate, and the exhaust sounds like a modified STI.

But you knew before you bought it that the factory exhaust sounded like crap. Maybe Borla or Corsa will come out with something that sounds decent.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Its not a deal breaker, and Im sure the aftermarket will support this platform heavily in due time.
I can be patient...(somewhat)

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
There is definitely a noticeable difference in the horsepower, and you can really feel it, HOWEVER.....
Dont get me wrong, its a great truck, but Im still debating if I will keep it long.
Time will tell. I only hit 1000 miles yesterday on it after 5 weeks of ownership.
Ok so what would you buy new if you decided to get rid of it. Or would you search out an older raptor?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Thats a good question! I need a truck in my life regardless.
I would probably consider a Dodge truck of sorts.
I dont think I would go back to a 14 or older as it already feels "dated"
Im a sucker for the technology, which the Raptor has.
You should come out with the Shelby or the Mopar and take mine for a spin if you think you want one.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Thats a good question! I need a truck in my life regardless.
I would probably consider a Dodge truck of sorts.
I dont think I would go back to a 14 or older as it already feels "dated"
Im a sucker for the technology, which the Raptor has.
You should come out with the Shelby or the Mopar and take mine for a spin if you think you want one.
I'm getting one. It's just that I'll be trading the mopar towards it and I'm not quite through with it yet. I figure I got at least one but not more than two years left with the challenger.
Then my dd's with be trucks from now on. I need a truck at this point in my life.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
When you say cheesy, what do you mean?

I'm getting one. It's just that I'll be trading the mopar towards it and I'm not quite through with it yet. I figure I got at least one but not more than two years left with the challenger.
Then my dd's with be trucks from now on. I need a truck at this point in my life.
There is at least one dealer that charged MSRP for MY17 that is going to charge ADM for MY18. Not saying they are all going to do this but...

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
When you say cheesy, what do you mean?

There is at least one dealer that charged MSRP for MY17 that is going to charge ADM for MY18. Not saying they are all going to do this but...
Me buying a raptor depends if I can get one at msrp or less. One dollar over sticker and it's a no deal and I feel very strongly about this. I love the truck but I love money more.

colin450

Established Member

Ok tell you what, just come take my 13, leave me yours, everyone will be happy.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting feedback GotSVT.

Been debating on replacing my 12 Screw with either a 14 SCAB or 17/18 SCAB.
Still like the Gen 1 body, and honestly I'm not too big on tech as long as I have a backup cam for these mini tanks. Problem now with the Gen 2's are that they are 20k over Gen 1s. Is it really worth that much? Power, interior, suspension are all improved, but living in FL, there's limited places where you can max out the 2.5's(safely)

Or I could holdout hope for the TRX, but I know even if I could get one at cost, it still would be alot for my cheap ass.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you.
When I traded in my '05 Ram Daytona 4X4, regular cab for my '16 Ram Sport 4X4,........I wasn't in love with it at first. I HATED the MDS and the truck is quiet like a Lexus. lol (The MDS can be deactivated.)
But after a year of ownership, I've completely changed my view. I love the new truck. Drives better, more modern equipment and better gas mileage, but that isn't a deal breaker for me. I hopefully will be buying a set of 2" rear drop springs to level it off and a nice loud cat back or muffler. Haven't decided on that yet.
Maybe you just need more seat time in it. Either way, it's a really nice truck.
I was going to order a Raptor when I first read/saw them online. But, I didn't want to wait another year or more for a new truck, plus I got a great deal for my current trade.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread