why is this section always so dead

99 GT

Established Member
Hey golden eagle could you PM me with some parts you recommend for road racing/auto x. Im on a budget and this is what im planing on doing:

I have springs, caster camber plates, and Falken Azenis RT615s.

I plan on getting tokico shocks, MM strut bar, MM sub frame connectors, 13" cobra front brakes, corbeau fixed fx1 seat, raptor shift light, brake ducts. I really want to stay away from coilovers because theyre on the pricey side and I really feel like i dont need them.

thanks for the help,
Jason

nightstalker865

Established Member
Hey golden eagle could you PM me with some parts you recommend for road racing/auto x. Im on a budget and this is what im planing on doing:

I have springs, caster camber plates, and Falken Azenis RT615s.

I plan on getting tokico shocks, MM strut bar, MM sub frame connectors, 13" cobra front brakes, corbeau fixed fx1 seat, raptor shift light, brake ducts. I really want to stay away from coilovers because theyre on the pricey side and I really feel like i dont need them.

thanks for the help,
Jason

Sounds like a pretty good list. I would ditch the STB for now. It really doesn't do any good till you step up to coil-overs. In place of the STB I would install a K-member brace on the car. I would go with Bilstein or Koni for the struts/shocks over the tokico.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I have run a few autocrosses, but there is never anyone in here, so I just go to the terminator suspension forum and the open track section.

MikeW

Established Member
I plan to do a LOT more next season.... now that I have the '98 as a project car.

What is in teh Knoxville Area as far as auto-x?

Nice Z BTW and is that UN campus in the background of your sig pic?

Check put http://www.tennesspeed.net/ since oyu are in TN :beer:

nightstalker865

Established Member
I plan to do a LOT more next season.... now that I have the '98 as a project car.

What is in teh Knoxville Area as far as auto-x?

Nice Z BTW and is that UN campus in the background of your sig pic?

Check put http://www.tennesspeed.net/ since oyu are in TN :beer:

It's the UT campus in the background. We run several events in Nashville every year. Or atleast the past two. I just sold a 03 cobra that I had been running. The ETR autox guys run 12-13 events a year in the Knoxville area.
www.etrscca.org is the site.
I am a member on TNspeed I think. I have been on there several times.

Eric

ponyracer

Established Member
I think it because most of us can autocross almost year round and stay busy. I peak in here frequently but rarely post. Maybe we can get things going with the few and gain some interest? I also check out the roadrace section often.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
I'm here, but it looks like this in December:(

Winnipeg_l.jpg

not much autocross going on here right now.

Last edited:

fastbird86

Established Member
I have run a few autocrosses, but there is never anyone in here, so I just go to the terminator suspension forum and the open track section.

I guess i'm guility of that as well. Or most of the AutoXers graduated to open track events! my $.02

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
I only just joined the forum and I'm about to hit my first autox this weekend (12/9). I rode shotgun with a friend a couple months ago and had a ton of fun. I'm really looking forward to this Sunday :D

fastbird86

Established Member
I only just joined the forum and I'm about to hit my first autox this weekend (12/9). I rode shotgun with a friend a couple months ago and had a ton of fun. I'm really looking forward to this Sunday :D

What part of Florida are you located?

I have some friends that AutoX out of Pensacola.

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
I'm in the Daytona area. The autox events me and my friends usually go to are run by the Martin Sports Car Club. The last one I went to was up in Gainesville back in Sept. I forget where the one this weekend is going to be, though, as I'm just following my friends there.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I've been a member for a year and I just noticed this section... I live in the tri-state area, how do I find out where I can run?

ponyracer

Established Member
http://www.scca.org/home.aspx

check out the "find your region" button in red on the right. After you find your region and contact info, check out the Solo section and rules.

*****Warning: This is very addictive and there is no known cure except to race more and upgrade your car constantly*****

Ken03KBGTvert

Established Member
I figured there would be lots of people running autox on this forum. I have rarely seen action in this section

Cause it's a Mustang site and you know the Mustang can't turn... and it sure as hell can't hang with the mighty C5 in the curves ;)

Ken

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread