Why is there so many Terminator’s in the South East? Specifically the Carolina’s?

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
I had a friend come down from Illinois recently and he commented on how many mustangs in general he saw while he was down here. He said “it’s almost like I see more mustangs than I do trucks!”

It got me thinking. There are a lot of terminators, cobra’s, and foxes and stuff in general in the Carolina’s and I’ve heard people even call it “Cobra Country” down here. A lot of the bigger mustang performance shops are down here... mustang week is Myrtle Beach...

I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why the passion and number of owners and enthusiast for these cars is so strong here as compared to other parts of the United States? Don’t get me wrong... there are pockets like this everywhere. But I just feel like it’s that much stronger here in the Carolina’s and down into Georgia and Florida and such.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
-almost year round driving weather
-lots of racing heritage on the east coast
-emissions testing is almost void and empty
-cheaper gas prices
-better economy for people to select a career that pays well. Farming and blue collar jobs in the Midwest are garbage.

I grew up in Green Bay....it aint pretty for 8 months outta the year

I lived in SoCal for three years, thought the car / mustang scene was pretty good. Not as good as the east coast, IMO

GodStang

Established Member
I live in an area called the CSRA which is part Georgia and part South Carolina. We easily have 20-30 Terminators in the area. I am not sure if it is matched anywhere per ca pita. As said above between all year round driving weather and zero emissions makes it great.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the weather, emissions, cost to own. There's a lot of newer stuff up here in the north east, not many guys left with terminators anymore.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
My guess...Weather... most people in IL call me crazy for having a car I can't drive all year round.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
See a ton of new 5.0's.

Seems to always be that way with the newest body style prevalent on the roads. I remember when the 99-04 body style was a dime a dozen. Couldn't wait for them to disappear. Seems to have happened. Now when I take my Cobra's or Roush out they tend to stand out a little more. Just how I like it :D………

stangfreak

Established Member
where I live on long island, its bmw, benz galore. Of course lots of lambos and ferraris, But as far as mustangs, I hardly see fox bodies or cobras. coyotes are all over the place here. I see GT350s every single day. I also see more camaros than mustangs. But yea.....coyote > 03 04 cobra. Nobody really wants them. Just hard core cobra guys hung on to them. everyone I know sold theres and got a coyote. cant blame them. better car.

Users who are viewing this thread