Why is everyone selling..

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Newer isnt always better thats for damn sure.
Facts. I enjoy my F100, Foxes, and Terminator enough that I have almost zero desire for anything new. The cars I look at to maybe snag up are almost exclusively 80’s or 90’s type shit like Grand Nationals, Foxes, IROCS, etc…. Idgaf they won’t hang with John Force in the quarter. As long as they’re cool enough to let me hang with this daughters

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Facts. I enjoy my F100, Foxes, and Terminator enough that I have almost zero desire for anything new. The cars I look at to maybe snag up are almost exclusively 80’s or 90’s type shit like Grand Nationals, Foxes, IROCS, etc…. Idgaf they won’t hang with John Force in the quarter. As long as they’re cool enough to let me hang with this daughters
The funny thing about a Foxbody... you just never know whats in that bastard.. and theyre so light you can make those ****ers SCREAM....

A GN or IROC would also be the TITS.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Being the original owner definitely makes the decision harder. One of the reasons I won't sell is because I'm not sure I could find another one that I wouldn't have to sell a body part to be able to afford. And I don't really want to start over. If I get something else to go faster it will be in addition to the Cobra.

That's pretty much where I am with my Lightning.

At this point, I just enjoy picking up and old abandoned rig and seeing if I can get it to run. I'll buy stuff that's been sitting for years just to test my skills and see if I can solve a puzzle.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The funny thing about a Foxbody... you just never know whats in that bastard.. and theyre so light you can make those ****ers SCREAM....

A GN or IROC would also be the TITS.
I have a very nice ‘91 notch that’s been sitting in a corner for a long time that I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with yet. I have a new 347 stroker on an engine stand. I could throw my Kenne Bell on it and just make the car uncontrollable, which sounds like fun. 2900 pounds of FAAFO

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I have a very nice ‘91 notch that’s been sitting in a corner for a long time that I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with yet. I have a new 347 stroker on an engine stand. I could throw my Kenne Bell on it and just make the car uncontrollable, which sounds like fun. 2900 pounds of FAAFO
wheelie stands inc.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
At this point, I just enjoy picking up and old abandoned rig and seeing if I can get it to run. I'll buy stuff that's been sitting for years just to test my skills and see if I can solve a puzzle.
That’s another thing, tinkering on cars is a pastime that you can’t do with newer stuff. Nobody pulls the heads on an S550 in their garage.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Its doable. But why would you?
1685750551953.gif

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Id venture to say its a ridiculously low number of people that track theire cars. even lower when you consider cars that are actually worth taking to the track... and even lower when you consider people that have no ****ing idea what theyre doing at the track.

Any reasonably good driver with a mild bolt on Termi is gonna enjoy the **** out of that car.

Hell Ive been considering another toy once I get the S550 where I want it and all signs keep pointing to the past.

Maybe another Gen1 Lightning or a Foxbody I can Yote swap... Newer isnt always better thats for damn sure.
98CCA54F-B9F0-408E-BB3E-8F964BDF185D.png

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Would you guys buy a clean one under 30k mile for $30k or would you spend your money on something else?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I'm not everyone. I'm not selling.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

LS WUT

Established Member
It would just be for pleasure. Drive and enjoy ownership, with maybe at most some bolt on mods.
I’d say so. They’re awesome cars to me. Haven’t had too many hiccups with any of the 4 I’ve owned. Most of the issues were my own doing it I’m honest. They just have a raw feeling.

LS WUT

Established Member
I guess I'm not everyone. I'm not selling.

Makes a good few of us for sure. If my white one leaves it will be for a Sonic, or a competition orange. The black will always be the one that gets used and abused. Only way the black one will leave is if I can find a nice blue or black lightning. Either way I’ll have one 03/04 cobra always. Having 2 of them is just fun to say.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Original owner here, not selling. Well it would take a lot of extra zero’s on that check and I doubt that would be a reasonable price to any sane person. Terminators are great cars. There are plenty of haters out there for these cars and for good reason. Probably been spanked hard and sent home crying to their mommy after they got their butts handed to them in their latest and greatest over rated junk. Legend status baby, and everyone knows it whether they admit it or not!!

motoo344

Established Member
I think another factor is the market is starting to cool. People are rushing to try and get max value while they can. Have you seen any of the ones posted for sale in the Facebook groups lately? A lot of them are ridiculously priced, like over BaT pricing which is generally on the high end. I probably paid a little more than I should have over a year ago but I've wanted one of these since they came out but I wouldn't pay what some people are asking at this point.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

This has been my MO for a loooooong time. Love it.

Added bonus if it's exceptionably "clean" for it's age. A well-preserved interior wins me over every single time.

Users who are viewing this thread