Why is everyone selling..

LS WUT

Established Member
So recently I’ve seen a crazy rise in 03/04 cobras being sold. I would have figured the ones that came out of hiding to cash in on their “investments” when the market was high. However even within a YouTube group I watch, and even a few friends I know have sold there’s. I wonder what’s with the random shift. Even NotSatisfied’s yellow coupe was sold on eBay.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I noticed that as well.

There is even 2 competition orange that are for sale on ebay currently, as well as a few other Terminators.

Maybe they have just been waiting for summer to sell.

Sent from my SM-S916U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
High prices. Older car. Older tech. Faster, more reliable options. Parts availability. Etc etc etc.
Takes a Lot to get a Termi in the 9s.

Takes a few bolt ons and a tune for a 2020+ snake.

Plus you dont even have to know how to drive... you can do it while sippin a slurpee.

LS WUT

Established Member
I couldn’t agree more on wanting to cash in on a price that would allow you to do things you wanted or needed financially.

I also agree that with these cars it’s not easy to get into the 9’s like @Tezz500 had said. If your goal is to get into the 9’s I can imagine that would make me want to reconsider it as well. I just think for the price difference between an average 03/04 cobra versus an average S550 GT500 is maybe $60k or so? I’m not to versed into pricing on those cars. I just mean with the $60k difference you could probably get into the 9’s however at what cost? You’d obviously lose drivability while remaining comfortable with your slurpee like you had mentioned haha.

I can also understand the outdated interior, tech, and other things as well. I guess I just knew what I was getting into when I bought them. I’d say that my purchases weighed heavily on a nostalgia feel. I can’t say I’d get into a 1966 fastback and be like.. man.. this cassette player sucks I want better tech. I just understand what you’re gonna from an older car. The hype is gone for most of those who bought it for clout, and such during those YouTube hero days. As stated above they’re out dated and begin to have issues being driven more frequently.

I support anyone and everyone’s decisions either way. I was just curious your guys thoughts on why it seemed like maybe not all of a sudden per se however within the last month or so many people have been dumping there’s.

hatchke

Established Member
I also don't really see myself getting rid of mine. From my perspective parts availability is pretty solid compared to some platforms i've modded in the past. For all intents and purposes they're not great cars if you look at it holistically, but there's something special about them nevertheless.

I've said it in other threads, but I LOVE and adore my M4. It's faster than the Cobra, it's smoother, has modern technology and feels like a really solid/nice car. I much prefer driving the Cobra though, when I just want to go drive in some nice weather.

The market is pretty good on them right now so i'm not super surprised a lot are moving around a bit. The other aspect I was thinking about is the general economy isn't the greatest, tons of layoffs across tech, stocks are shit, mortgage rates are terrible and recouping some liquidity in the form of a vehicle probably comes first.

Fopar

Established Member
It's not really a terminator thing it's the whole market, all the speculators are jumping cuz the economy is taking a dump and everyone knows it. If you've been paying attention there's a bunch of deals on the market again, it's basically pre covid market.

LS WUT

Established Member
It's not really a terminator thing it's the whole market, all the speculators are jumping cuz the economy is taking a dump and everyone knows it. If you've been paying attention there's a bunch of deals on the market again, it's basically pre covid market.
Just did a quick CarGuru’s search. Found a lot of high priced ones. Mostly collectors “mileage” like @SID297 had said previously in here. Even ones with 70k miles are posted for $32k. Granted that’s what it’s posted for, now what it will get. However you catch my point.

LS WUT

Established Member
I also don't really see myself getting rid of mine. From my perspective parts availability is pretty solid compared to some platforms i've modded in the past. For all intents and purposes they're not great cars if you look at it holistically, but there's something special about them nevertheless.

I've said it in other threads, but I LOVE and adore my M4. It's faster than the Cobra, it's smoother, has modern technology and feels like a really solid/nice car. I much prefer driving the Cobra though, when I just want to go drive in some nice weather.

The market is pretty good on them right now so i'm not super surprised a lot are moving around a bit. The other aspect I was thinking about is the general economy isn't the greatest, tons of layoffs across tech, stocks are shit, mortgage rates are terrible and recouping some liquidity in the form of a vehicle probably comes first.
I’m with you man. I’ve got a few toys to play with. The ones I enjoy the most. It’s between my 88 Notch with a basic 302 headers, and 3.73 for cruising around causing mayhem. If it’s not that it’s my black cobra. I enjoy the hell out of it. I don’t even turn the radio on. I just get out and cruise. Maybe because it’s the car I had a poster of on my wall at 11 and I dreamed to own one. Once again I said my purchases are mostly nostalgic. I’ve had to walk away from my black cobra a few times this last 6 months due to headaches of just old bolts snapping, etc. However I enjoy it very much when I get to see them together.

I agree that with the economy being what it is, it’s probably best to have liquidable assets, and cash versus old cobras.

Users who are viewing this thread